No announcement yet.

Yankees Trade Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, and ditto on Pavano. Last year all I heard was him being unhappy in NY. If he comes around, sure, keep him. But if we end up with a surplus of arms, he'd be my first vote to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxbommers
      Agreed, and ditto on Pavano. Last year all I heard was him being unhappy in NY. If he comes around, sure, keep him. But if we end up with a surplus of arms, he'd be my first vote to go.
      I say trade him now while he still is worth something.
      You don't want to trade him if he gets another serious injury because then he's worth just a bag of used baseballs.....not a new box.
      "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by christian gentleman
        I'm looking for Cano to have a break out season. He's going to be key to a title run.

I am with you on this one. This guy is going to be a heck of a player. I think you would regret getting rid of this guy.
        Custom Made Wood Bats and Bamboo

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxbommers
          Our one glaring weakness is starting pitching (which I don't personally believe is going to be a weakness, because I think between Johnson, Mussina, Chacon, Wang, Pavano, Wright and Small, we look pretty stacked).
          Did anyone see Musina's line for today? 4IP, 10 hits, 12 runs. I realize that it's the preseason, but I get nervous every time he steps out on the mound. You never know what kind of performance you're going to get from the highest paid pitcher in baseball. He was almost unhittable in his last outing. You would think that a veteran like him would be more consistent.

Comment

This is just my speculation about Mussina, but my guess is that his problems in recent years have come from a drop in velocity and leaving his breaking stuff up in the zone. He was never really a pure power pitcher, but he did rely on hard stuff mixed in with some nice breaking stuff (like his knuckle-curve). But when the hard stuff isn't as hard anymore, it's more difficult to keep hitters off-balance and location becomes extremely important. Mussina is having problems hitting the locations.

Comment

Hi I just activated my account
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Weakness

sorry about the doublke post but I believe our only weakness is all the new players in the bullpen can they hand the New York Media? Our starting pitching just fell apart last year through a combination of injuries and the media's pressure we should be great this year
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X