NY vs. Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY vs. Boston

My kids are doing a school project to learn about baseball fans and the rivalry between NY and Boston.

I have created an online survey for them and I'm hoping to get some people to take a minute to fill it out.

The link is here... http://www.nyboston.info/twins.htm

Thanks for your help and please be patient with the speed of the site it maybe slow.

Let me know what you think as well.

Thanks all.

Actually, there's very little rivalry between the New York Mets and the Boston Red Sox. The Mets and Tigers are by far my two favorite teams and always have been, but the Red Sox have kinda grown on me. I root for them whenever they're not playing either the Mets or Tigers. This isn't like 1986 and Bill Buckner just made the error (irony: Bob Stanley later became a pitching coach in the Mets organization, though lost the big league job to first Vern Rhule and then Rick Peterson).

Also, I was liking the survey up until the "twins" part. I chose the kid on the right as being "better looking" because the photo had much less red eye. But otherwise...I have absolutely no idea. Neither one struck me as anything other than a smiling young Red Sox fan on the left and a smiling young Mets fan on the right with regards to intelligence, baseball smarts, being nice...you can't gauge those things just from looking at some young kid's jersey or shirt.
    Last edited by Dalkowski110; 04-15-2008, 11:47 AM.
    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

I chose the kid on the left for being smarter only because he's wearing an actual jersey.

There really is no rivalry between the Mets and Red Sox. If anything, the fans of both teams are unified in their dislike of the Yankees. I watch some Red Sox because they're a good team and their bullpen doesn't blow up every game. I like when they beat the Yankees and I like a lot of the players on their team.
      Last edited by NYMets523; 04-15-2008, 11:56 AM.
      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey, it is for my kids 3rd grade project so it's not intended to be empiracle or anything like that.
        As for me I'm a Mets fan anyway and knowing there exists little rivalry between the Mets and Sox I placed the Yankee's at the forefront of the project. However being as I have 2 kids each of them needed 2 different angles hence the team choice.

Thanks again.

Comment

Well, after the Mets my love goes to the Red Sox
          a) because they where the lucky loosers some years ago
          b) they have a great team
          c) f**k the Yankees
          d) I simply love the "Sweet Caroline" thing (so much that my gf and I decided that our 2nd daughter will be named Caroline)

Now I'm going to this site and try to help your kid
          sorry for some grammar mistakes

Comment

There's plenty of reasons I like the Red Sox. The 2004 ALCS is by far the best.
            :cap:

Comment

I was born in a province...guess that leaves me out.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince85 View Post
                Well, after the Mets my love goes to the Red Sox
                a) because they where the lucky loosers some years ago
                b) they have a great team
                c) f**k the Yankees
                d) I simply love the "Sweet Caroline" thing (so much that my gf and I decided that our 2nd daughter will be named Caroline)

Now I'm going to this site and try to help your kid
                No offense, but that has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. I guess you didn't know that the inspiration for "Sweet Caroline" was President John F. Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, who was eleven years old at the time. Red Sux!!
                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X