No announcement yet.

I never really heard of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't you just say that in the first place? Instead of essentially suggesting that Joba was doing something offending to Yankees fans lol

Comment

Empathy isn't one of your stronger qualities, eh?
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Give me a break guys
        I'm not a cold guy
        I was just saying the Yanks could blow their chances this year because of one ill man and I never heard of such a situation
        I feel bad for the old gent and Joba

Comment

Don't worry. The Yankees aren't going to blow anything. Right now they are sitting in the catbirds seat.

Comment

You guys are in La La Land if you think the Yanks are OK with Joba at pa pa's side
            Again I'm not saying he shouldn't be there but it's a problem for the team
            I think everyone is afraid to talk up about the facts of this
            Maybe it sounds cold but the truth hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Parks View Post
              You guys are in La La Land if you think the Yanks are OK with Joba at pa pa's side
              Stop contradicting yourself. Are you kidding me?
              The Yankees ARE ok with Joba being at his father's side. Are you kidding me? I don't even know what else to say to you- Are You Kidding Me?!

Comment

I really don't care if what I say is against board rules. It needs to be said.

Hank Parks,
                You are a despicable human being. Your priorites and values are reprehensible. You disgust me and every person on this forum that places any stock in the worth of human life.
                May the Lord have mercy on you in your time of need.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
                  I really don't care if what I say is against board rules. It needs to be said.

Hank Parks,
                  You are a despicable human being. Your priorites and values are reprehensible. You disgust me and every person on this forum that places any stock in the worth of human life.
                  May the Lord have mercy on you in your time of need.
                  Easy.

Every single member of that Yankees organization is human. They are not just names in a newspaper, stats in a book. The truth is, the Yankees by allowing Joba to take time off are showing it is not a cold world, and their actual priorities are in line. That is the honest, warm real truth. It's called compassion, putting aside cold business for the realization that a man's priorities are toward his family. One player taking time off is not going to make that much of a difference, just as one player getting injured at this point of the season won't hurt their pennant chances.

Despite all the grandiosity and posturing we see from Steinbrenner, Yankee fans, etc., the real world will always take precedent. proof positive and kudos to the team for following that and not some myth people have sadly bought too much into to the point where nothing else seems to matter.
                  Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                  Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                  Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                  Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

You won't leave work to be a dying family member's side?

Comment

This thread is going nowhere and is getting ugly (if it is not already). Can we close this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                        Easy.

Every single member of that Yankees organization is human. They are not just names in a newspaper, stats in a book. The truth is, the Yankees by allowing Joba to take time off are showing it is not a cold world, and their actual priorities are in line. That is the honest, warm real truth. It's called compassion, putting aside cold business for the realization that a man's priorities are toward his family. One player taking time off is not going to make that much of a difference, just as one player getting injured at this point of the season won't hurt their pennant chances.

Despite all the grandiosity and posturing we see from Steinbrenner, Yankee fans, etc., the real world will always take precedent. proof positive and kudos to the team for following that and not some myth people have sadly bought too much into to the point where nothing else seems to matter.
                        Well said.

Comment

I never said I don't think Joba should be with his father
                          If I were Joba I would insist on being with him no matter what the Yanks said
                          My omly point was I never remembered a ill parent possibly preventing a championship
                          I been watching the Yanks since the Mantle and Berra days
                          Joba is a key to winning this thing and if his father's illness lingers the Yanks chances will fall
                          I had a friend who was on his death bed 5 times in 3 months and finally recovere4d from his illness
                          I'm not saying anything against Joba being with his father at all
                          I'm just talking about the situation
                          I wish Joba and his father the best
                          I would never put a game over a man's health in a million years but the situation of winning this or not is still there
                          You people missed my point completely
                          If anything happened to Joba's father I would feel just as badly as anyone here
                          I'm not great with wording and if people took it the wrong way I'm sorry

Comment

I never said I don't think Joba should be with his father
                            If I were Joba I would insist on being with him no matter what the Yanks said
                            My omly point was I never remembered a ill parent possibly preventing a championship
                            I been watching the Yanks since the Mantle and Berra days
                            Joba is a key to winning this thing and if his father's illness lingers the Yanks chances will fall
                            I had a friend who was on his death bed 5 times in 3 months and finally recovere4d from his illness
                            I'm not saying anything against Joba being with his father at all
                            I'm just talking about the situation
                            I wish Joba and his father the best
                            I would never put a game over a man's health in a million years but the situation of winning this or not is still there
                            You people missed my point completely
                            If anything happened to Joba's father I would feel just as badly as anyone here
                            I'm not great with wording and if people took it the wrong way I'm sorry
                            I understand your point. And I honestly believe that you don't mean it the way that many think you do.

But I really think that only one player can't make that difference. IF the Yankees are going to win it all, it is not only because of Joba.

Comment

If Joba has to keep running (which I absolutly condone) to his ill father on his death bed I think this will hurt the Yanks chances especially in crucial games in September and October
                              A couple of blown 8th innings could mean the difference especially with the Bosox
                              If Mariano and Wettland weren't on top of those games in 96 the Yanks would of been watching the World Series with their wives
                              I think Joba and Mariano is the same as Mariano and Wettland
                              This is my opinion but Farnsworth or the other new relief pitcher is no contest to Joba in the 8th
                              Farnsworth to me is a wing and a prayer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X