• Show
Clear All

• The 'cursed' Ortiz jersey on eBay

And it is up to a staggering $62,400.00
    I think they should bury a lot more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y&auid=3582588
    New York Yankees

2009 World Series Champions

Why did it cost the yankees $50,000 to get it out of there? All you need is one guy with a jackhammer working overtime...factoring all the damage and refilling the hole, i'm thinking minimum $5,000-$8,000...amazing how the jersey is up to $62,000, its not like the jersey led to an 86 year curse or anything...knock on wood
    sigpic

Comment

Otherwise known as the dumbing down of America.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf View Post
        Otherwise known as the dumbing down of America.
        I don't know what you mean by this? People have spent more money on dumber things and this atleast is going to a good cause.
        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
          People have spent more money on dumber things
          The urinal from Busch Stadium for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
            I don't know what you mean by this? People have spent more money on dumber things and this atleast is going to a good cause.
            You don't have to bid on a shirt to donate to a good cause. The good cause argument doesn't fly. Yes, people have spent more money on dumber things, therefore the dumbing down of America.

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
              The urinal from Busch Stadium for instance.
              Or spend 1300 dollars on a corn flake in the shape of Illinois!

Seriously though, i dont think the jersey is worth that much!
              "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

You don't have to bid on a shirt to donate to a good cause. The good cause argument doesn't fly. Yes, people have spent more money on dumber things, therefore the dumbing down of America.
                It definitely does fly... You are basically arguing that if something is given in return, it is not a good cause. Charity auctions/raffles/car washes/yard sales/anything is stupid because there are other ways of donating. Don't see what you're trying to accomplish with that.

Comment

Free shipping!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger567 View Post
                    It definitely does fly... You are basically arguing that if something is given in return, it is not a good cause. Charity auctions/raffles/car washes/yard sales/anything is stupid because there are other ways of donating. Don't see what you're trying to accomplish with that.
                    Never stated nor do I believe what you claim I think. My statement stands, """"""""You don't have to bid on a shirt to donate to a good cause.""""""""

Comment

Never stated nor do I believe what you claim I think. My statement stands, """"""""You don't have to bid on a shirt to donate to a good cause.""""""""
                      True, but some people need an incentive to donate to charity. Right or wrong, good or bad, that's a fact.
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?
                      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                        True, but some people need an incentive to donate to charity. Right or wrong, good or bad, that's a fact.
                        You are correct, and it is not wrong. However in some cases, it illustrates the dumbing down of America. Look at it this way, how many of the losing bidders' donated their losing bid to the Jimmy Fund?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X