Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Yankees wish they traded those two young bums for Santana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evangelion View Post
    Because?

WIN METHOD? Explain how Posada and Jeter are the best at their respective position? If it's just your opinion, that's fine, but what type of evidence do you have to back this up?

Every player on a winning team more valuable than every player on a losing team then?
    I have previously shown that in Arods last 3 years in Seattle, his next 3 years in Texas, and in his time with the Yankees each team Arod played for has shown a decrease in its ability to win games, some very markedly so. and every team that Arod left has shown a very marked increase in wins.

The WIN METHOD lauds players for their ability to help their team reach the playoffs, and win pennants, and win WS rings. Over their careers, in their era, Jeter and Posada have done this to a remarkable degree.

Each player on a winning WS team is the best in baseball each year. Based on the role they play for their team. the 25th player sub on the WS winner is the best 25th player sub in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf View Post
      I have previously shown that in Arods last 3 years in Seattle, his next 3 years in Texas, and in his time with the Yankees each team Arod played for has shown a decrease in its ability to win games, some very markedly so. and every team that Arod left has shown a very marked increase in wins.

The WIN METHOD lauds players for their ability to help their team reach the playoffs, and win pennants, and win WS rings. Over their careers, in their era, Jeter and Posada have done this to a remarkable degree.

Each player on a winning WS team is the best in baseball each year. Based on the role they play for their team. the 25th player sub on the WS winner is the best 25th player sub in baseball.
      And you've been countered repeatedly in this. For example, the Mariners made the postseason 3 times in 6 years with A-Rod, and just once in 7 seasons without him. Even the Win Method should acknowledge that making the playoffs 3/6 times is better than 1/7. So A-Rod actually helped his team get closer to winning it all more often than the team did without him, but you ignore this time and time and time again, as well as the other reasons that explain why teams A-Rod was on do well or not, such as the other 24 players on the team. This is why everything you say is oxymoronic, you laud the team concept in one post, but then ascribe everything to one person (i.e. A-Rod or a pitcher).

I have to ask you - why do you even bother posting here? You obviously have zero interest in actual conversation, which is what we're here to do. You just want to keep playing the same old broken record and don't want to listen to what anyone else has to say, no matter how reasoned or thought out. I know for a fact I speak for most that frequent this forum when I say we're all tired of your act. We're tired of every thread you enter dissolving into the same roundabout conversation. We get your point. You have nothing new to add, and you obviously feel you have nothing to take away, so why bother?

I'm not going to ask you to leave, but I am going to ask everyone else, for the good of the forum, to do their best to ignore you, so we can resume conversation like normal, and not have future threads fall victim to the same old song and dance. Thank you.
      Last edited by DoubleX; 05-08-2008, 07:20 AM.

Comment

My last comments concerning this guy, who has ruined this and the Wang thread...
        bbw = joek = joke

I think the whole act is a Kaufmanesque put on...
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX View Post
          And you've been countered repeatedly in this. For example, the Mariners made the postseason 3 times in 6 years with A-Rod, and just once in 7 seasons without him. Even the Win Method should acknowledge that making the playoffs 3/6 times is better than 1/7. So A-Rod actually helped his team get closer to winning it all more often than the team did without him, but you ignore this time and time and time again, as well as the other reasons that explain why teams A-Rod was on do well or not, such as the other 24 players on the team. This is why everything you say is oxymoronic, you laud the team concept in one post, but then ascribe everything to one person (i.e. A-Rod or a pitcher).

I have to ask you - why do you even bother posting here? You obviously have zero interest in actual conversation, which is what we're here to do. You just want to keep playing the same old broken record and don't want to listen to what anyone else has to say, no matter how reasoned or thought out. I know for a fact I speak for most that frequent this forum when I say we're all tired of your act. We're tired of every thread you enter dissolving into the same roundabout conversation. We get your point. You have nothing new to add, and you obviously feel you have nothing to take away, so why bother?

I'm not going to ask you to leave, but I am going to ask everyone else, for the good of the forum, to do their best to ignore you, so we can resume conversation like normal, and not have future threads fall victim to the same old song and dance. Thank you.
          Your response is typical. It's the other guys fault Arod hurts teams he has been on. And again, you make up what I believe to fit your need. Yes, it is every players credit or debit on what a team achieves. That is why I have ALWAYS stated that "a player helped his team achieve". that is why I give accolades to the 25th person and his role on the roster, while you then try to claim I believe the 25th player is better than Ted Williams. If I had zero interest in any conversation as you yet again errantly speak, why would I respond to almost every question by almost every poster. It is you guys who have nothing to say except that the loser is the best and the winner sucks. You guys parrot each other and all say the same thing. Even in the face of being proven wrong over and over by the professionals on the field. If you want the forum to move forward, then you must stop posting your nonsense and stop assuming that only you and your beliefs are right and how dare anyone challenge them. In conclusion, the best players win, whether you like it or not, or whether you accept it or not. Those are my opinions based on the WIN METHOD.
          Last edited by bigbadwolf; 05-08-2008, 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by dougj1 View Post
            Evangllon- I've read other remarks made by you and it is obvious you are a Cashman backer.As such the arguments you and others use is always the same. You use the same statement that Cashman "had no other options", or "he would have been forced to trade a prospect for a vet pitcher", or, "tell us who he should have obtained?"....I keep repeating the same rely but for whatever reason, you and yours refuse to consider any of the following; 1. There are 150 SPs in the ML. During the season at least 50-75 usually from AAA, also are brought up...In addition, there are pro pitchers in the Caribbean, South America, Central America,Mexico and elswhere.It is up to Cashman to make a deal.Isn't that the reason he makes $2million plus? ..2.Why do all Cashman fans believe every word he says about deals not being made? Neither you or I or anyone outside of the negotiations, knows what was said.....3.If Cashman cannot make the deals that will win a WS or improve the team to make it possible, why do you followers always think it is impossible for anyone else to be sucessful as a GM?
            1. There are 150 SP's in the ML

How much it cost to sign them? How good are they? You are aware current pitchers that can be sign are name David Wells and Jeff Weaver?

Do you believe other teams are willing to trade with the Yankees. You trade quality for quality. If you're trading a high potential minor leaguer or a establish MLB player, you'll get a establish MLB or high potential minor leaguer in a straight out deal. You can deal quantity for quality, but I do see what type of deals the Yankees could make. Since you have a problem with Cashman abilities to do his job, I figure you know which of the 150 pitchers in MLB he could obtain and what he would give up.

2. During the season at least 50-75 usually from AAA

Yes, there is. Rasner and Igawa were recently called up. Still, doesn't mean they'll succeed or be better options than players they currently have. If they wanted to trade for pitchers in other AAA organization. Once again, what would they deal it?

3. Caribbean, South America, Central America,Mexico and elswhere. It is up to Cashman to make a deal.Isn't that the reason he makes $2million plus?

Like? It's up to Cashman to find talent that you don't even know about, but you complain about him not finding the talent? I won't disagree with you it's his job, but I don't see how complaining about it like you does one thing. You don't even even have suggestions what he could do.

4. Why do all Cashman fans believe every word he says about deals not being made? Neither you or I or anyone outside of the negotiations, knows what was said..

Why are you speculating he's not doing his job correctly? Because the players he bought in doesn't produced? I never said I believe a word he said, I just look at the free agent market, the minor league system the Yankees have and the trade market. If a team trading top talent to the Yankees, the asking price would start with Cano, Cabrera, Kennedy and/or Hughes. If it didn't start with those players, the deal likely doesn't evolve a player of particular interest to be consider a upgrade for what they currently have.

5. If Cashman cannot make the deals that will win a WS or improve the team to make it possible, why do you followers always think it is impossible for anyone else to be sucessful as a GM?

People that have no problems with Cashman, not Cashman followers, just don't see him doing an awful job. At the very least, he stop doing which has been unsuccessful for many years. Signing high profile FA's to long term contracts. How did signing Carl Pavano work out? How about Jason Giambi? Recent years Cashman been making more deals that don't send the top talent out of the door, but bring in top talent for quality, like the Bobby Abreu deal. It's hard to make these type of deals for pitchers since pitchers are consider quite valuable by teams in baseball. You won't see idiotic deals like the one Steve Phillips made with Tampa by sending Kazmir over for Zambrano these days.

Again, what could they have done? Or, will answer be "Cashman's job to figure that out, but I'll continue to complain about how bad of a job he's doing."

Comment

This thread is getting too repetitive and I don't want to keep repeating myself....I have complained about Cashman for many years and my batting average for stating each opening day, that the Yankees cannot win a WS with the team that Cashman has put on the field, is 1.000.....You can keep using excuses, I'll keep giving reasons Cashman is responsible....Your ploy about "who should he get" is pointless.Cashman has detailed scouting reports on all pro ballplayers. He suppossedly spends 24-7 at his job. I too, spend 24-7 analyzing the Yankees, but with me it is only 24 minutes a day. I also do it for free....Keep living in the "land of excuses". You should know by now, it NEVER WINS BALLGAMES...Since I have nothing further to add, I thank you for your comments. I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by dougj1 View Post
                This thread is getting too repetitive and I don't want to keep repeating myself....I have complained about Cashman for many years and my batting average for stating each opening day, that the Yankees cannot win a WS with the team that Cashman has put on the field, is 1.000.....You can keep using excuses, I'll keep giving reasons Cashman is responsible....Your ploy about "who should he get" is pointless.Cashman has detailed scouting reports on all pro ballplayers. He suppossedly spends 24-7 at his job. I too, spend 24-7 analyzing the Yankees, but with me it is only 24 minutes a day. I also do it for free....Keep living in the "land of excuses". You should know by now, it NEVER WINS BALLGAMES...Since I have nothing further to add, I thank you for your comments. I'm out.
                Once again, he has detail scouting reports, like every other GM in MLB. You keep ignoring other facts, like when a player doesn't produce to level he's expected. What trades can be made? What must be given up? The list goes on, all you're doing is complaining about the Yankees lack of pitching. Is Cashman required to force teams to trade their best players for nothing? Or, ask free agents to signed under market value? You're welcome to complain, but you just keep ignoring many other factors that should be consider.

In short, you can't answer the question. Keep giving living in the land of complaining without even having a idea of how to solve a problem you're complaining about. You should know, complain doesn't exactly win ball games either.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X