LaTroy Hawkins = Kei Igawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaTroy Hawkins = Kei Igawa

Both are horrible. They need to be drop which equals some money that is actually worth signing free agents in the off-season.
    Quest for 27
    Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Originally posted by nyyfan View Post
    Both are horrible. They need to be drop which equals some money that is actually worth signing free agents in the off-season.
    Hard to compare a career against a cup of coffee ain't it?

Igawa/71 IP/6.75 ERA

Hawkins/1096 IP/4.73 ERA

2007 Hawkins for Rockies

62 IP/3.42 ERA

Hawkins is right at league average for his career and pitched a lot better in the 2nd half of the season last year. Luis Vizcaino on the other hand has only gave the Rockies 1 innings work.

Comment

As much as LaTroy is irking most of the Evil Empire...we all know that he can, and has, pitch better than he is right now.

It isn't fair nor close comparing the two. LaTroy has had success and Kei...well I don't think I have to explain that one.
      "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
        As much as LaTroy is irking most of the Evil Empire...we all know that he can, and has, pitch better than he is right now.

It isn't fair nor close comparing the two. LaTroy has had success and Kei...well I don't think I have to explain that one.
        Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
        Hard to compare a career against a cup of coffee ain't it?

Igawa/71 IP/6.75 ERA

Hawkins/1096 IP/4.73 ERA

2007 Hawkins for Rockies

62 IP/3.42 ERA

Hawkins is right at league average for his career and pitched a lot better in the 2nd half of the season last year. Luis Vizcaino on the other hand has only gave the Rockies 1 innings work.

I was talking about of Hawkins has been this season. He has proved nothing in NY and his previous/career statistics have been meaningless this season.
        Quest for 27
        Winners make goals, losers make excuses.

Comment

I was talking about of Hawkins has been this season. He has proved nothing in NY and his previous/career statistics have been meaningless this season.
          As far as that go's then a pitcher is only as good as his next start if a 1000 innings of stats isn't nothing meaningful.

Previous to his last 2 outings Hawkins have 4 or 5 good outings so it isn't as if he is worthless as you say.

Comment

? no comparison. Hawkins is a veteran and Igawa is a project. Not a fan of Hawkins. I feel Joe made mistakes putting him in against the Os (especially in 11th!!). He was in their organization and they know him and I don't have much confidence in him. Igawa was another mistake by Cash (reaction to BoSox Dice K). He is a project that we hope will work out while Hawkins is what you see is what you get.

Different pitchers. Igawa we hope to be a lefty starter (I doubt it) and Hawkins is only a reliever.

Clipper

Comment

Originally posted by clipper View Post
              Igawa we hope to be a lefty starter (I doubt it) and Hawkins is only a reliever.
              Agree the comparison is not a just one. But right now I say bring Igawa up as a reliever even if it's only for one or two batters where you need a left arm. He can pitch, no question, but his problem's consistency. Maximize his strengths, minimize his opportunity for error, and let him build confidence and gain knowledge. He is a project, but if you can take Joba and move him into starting, you can take Igawa and move him into relief.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X