Expiring Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expiring Contracts

I just want to put it out there now as June 1st approaches and we start looking and the Trade Season and we take some peaks ahead at the upcoming free agency (without taking our eye off of this season) i just wanted to make a list of Yankees who contracts are coming off the books and how much they are worth:
    -Name- UFA, Arbitration, or Option (Buyout Amount)- 2008 Salary

-Jason Giambi- Team Option ($5 Million)- $16 Million
    -Bobby Abreu- UFA- $16 Million
    -Andy Pettitte- UFA- $16 Million
    -Mike Mussina- UFA- $11 Million
    -Carl Pavano- Team Option ($1.95 Million)- $11 Million
    -Kyle Fransworth- UFA- $5.5 Million
    -LaTroy Hawkins- UFA- $3.75 Million
    -Morgan Ensberg-UFA- $1.75 Million
    -Wilson Betemit- Arbitration- $1.165 Million
    -Brian Bruney- Arbitration- .725 Million

If there are any errors or additons let me know so i can update it

hmmmmm I wounder if they are going to pick up the option on Pavano? bye bye Carl finally!

I think they will resign Bobby, maybe Bruney. Have to see if Moose & Andy decide to retire or not.

But the rest........ There goes some dead weight and some wasted money!
    39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
    2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

I think they'll re-sign a few guys like Pettite, Bruney, Abreu and maybe Mussina. I think their contracts will be for much less than the current ones. I could see Abreu renegotiating a 3 year deal or something similar. Mussina returning will depend a lot on what Hughes and Kennedy do the second half of this year. Also if the Yanks sign Sabbathia or Yu Darvish.

Scott
      I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Comment

I for one and very excited about this upcoming offseason. With so much money getting cut from the payroll, it will be nice to see the Yankees go hard after Texeira.

Comment

I think the Yankees will do anything to get Teixeira. They really need a good first baseman, and Teixeira hits 30 HR's and 100 RBI's every year. It's the most obvious signing in years. The Mets are going to be going after him hard too. How high do you think the Yankees will go? I'm guessing 5-6 years for $18-$20 million per year and maybe as high as $22.

Scott

Comment

Don't be surprised if the Yanks re-up Bobby Abreu for maybe 2 years plus an option.

I had hoped Jackson would be ready to earn a Sept. call up and possibly get the job next season, but he probably needs more seasoning.

Brian Bruney most likely will be back.
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Isn't Johnny contract up? It was 4 years and isn't this his fourth year (seems like 5)? I really like Bobby (with Action Jackson has 4th). Good time to retool with some young arms.

Watching ESPN - where does Don Cherry (always liked him with his Dog Blue) find those clothes? It's unreal in HD. Classic.

Clipper

Comment

Speaking of expireing contracts

Does anyone know what happened to Brian Daubach? :cap: This quiet mannered man captured my heart, when he played for the Red Sox. The last I knew he was with the Cardinals. Then it showed where he was released from the Cardinals in 2007. Has he just dissapeared from baseball?
                :twocents:Blessings From The White Mountains

Comment

Damon's contract was for '06, '07, '08, and '09. Right now you're in the third year of a 4-yr deal.
                  Trusted traders list-
                  Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbz View Post
                    Does anyone know what happened to Brian Daubach? :cap: This quiet mannered man captured my heart, when he played for the Red Sox. The last I knew he was with the Cardinals. Then it showed where he was released from the Cardinals in 2007. Has he just dissapeared from baseball?
                    According to Wikipedia:

He is currently working to rejoin the Boston Red Sox as a minor league manager or scout.

Comment

Thanks for that info

Well at least he's still in baseball. Gosh they come and go so fast in baseball. I only see about 4 Red Sox players that have been with them for a long time now. Johnny Damon went to NY, and I don't know where Trot Nixion went?
                      :twocents:Blessings From The White Mountains

Comment

Originally posted by thegame4219 View Post
                        I just want to put it out there now as June 1st approaches and we start looking and the Trade Season and we take some peaks ahead at the upcoming free agency (without taking our eye off of this season) i just wanted to make a list of Yankees who contracts are coming off the books and how much they are worth:
                        -Name- UFA, Arbitration, or Option (Buyout Amount)- 2008 Salary

-Jason Giambi- Team Option ($5 Million)- $16 Million
                        -Bobby Abreu- UFA- $16 Million
                        -Andy Pettitte- UFA- $16 Million
                        -Mike Mussina- UFA- $11 Million
                        -Carl Pavano- Team Option ($1.95 Million)- $11 Million
                        -Kyle Fransworth- UFA- $5.5 Million
                        -LaTroy Hawkins- UFA- $3.75 Million
                        -Morgan Ensberg-UFA- $1.75 Million
                        -Wilson Betemit- Arbitration- $1.165 Million
                        -Brian Bruney- Arbitration- .725 Million

If there are any errors or additons let me know so i can update it
                        BTW...

C. Wang: $4M (expect this number to go up via Arbitration or a contract)
                        Robinson Cano: $3M (This number jumps to $6M next season)

But the Yanks should clear enough money to bring in a Texiera, but I'm hoping it's not some crazy $150M type of deal.
                        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Well at least he's still in baseball. Gosh they come and go so fast in baseball. I only see about 4 Red Sox players that have been with them for a long time now. Johnny Damon went to NY, and I don't know where Trot Nixion went?
                          Trot Nixon is playing for Arizona's AAA team.

Scott

Comment

Trot was in Cleveland last year, I don't know where he's at now.
                            JOSH BECKETT= 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Comment

Giambi- He's gone, sure he hits for a lot of power but he's getting older and his average hasn't been very high the past few years.
                              Abreu- He's a valuable part of the NYY roster. The man still has a helluva an arm and is still a competent defender in the field. He still hits for average and some power and he continues to work th count. He'll stay 2-3 years
                              Pettite-depends on Kennedy/Hughes
                              Moose- see Pettite
                              Pavano- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
                              Farnsworth- depends on how he fares in the set-up role with Joba in the rotation.
                              Hawkins- see Pavano
                              Morgan Ensberg- i never understood why they needed him in the first place.
                              Betemit- He's a good utility man with some pop. I say he stays
                              Bruney- He's been a consistent pitcher out of the 'pen for NYY. He'll stick around
                              JOSH BECKETT= 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X