Your Opening Day Roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opening Day Roster?

As of right now, who would you put on the opening day, 25-man roster, keeping in mind injuries that are likely to sideline some players (such as Carl Pavano, Aaron Small, and Octavio Dotel)?

Here's who I'd have on the team:

C: Jorge Posada, Kelly Stinnett
    1B: Jason Giambi, Andy Phillips
    2B: Robinson Cano
    SS: Derek Jeter
    3B: Alex Rodriguez
    IF: Miguel Cairo
    LF: Hideki Matsui
    CF: Johnny Damon
    RF: Gary Sheffield
    OF: Bernie Williams
    OF: Bubba Crosby
    OF: Kevin Thompson

SP: Randy Johnson
    SP: Mike Mussina
    SP: Shawn Chacon
    SP: Chien-Ming Wang
    SP: Matt DeSalvo

LR: Scott Erickson (Never thought I'd be including him, but he's been impressive, and the injuries to Pavano and Small open the door for him).
    MR: Ramiro Mendoza
    MR: Ron Villone
    MR: Mike Myers
    SU: Kyle Farnsworth
    CL: Mariano Rivera

DL: Carl Pavano, Aaron Small, Octavio Dotel

Gone: Jaret Wright, Tanyon Sturtze

Comment

Small is hurt?

Comment

Apparently he tweaked a hamstring while running yesterday. Here's a link to the Yankees.com article, "Small Likely to Start '06 on Disabled List."

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
          Apparently he tweaked a hamstring while running yesterday. Here's a link to the Yankees.com article, "Small Likely to Start '06 on Disabled List."
          Thanks - I hadn't heard that.

Comment

jolly good 25

C-J.Posada and stinnett or nieves
            1B-Giambi, Phillips
            2B-Cano and cairo
            3B- A-Rod
            SS- Jeter AND escanola
            LF-gOdzilla
            Cf-Damon, crosby
            RF-Sheff
            OF-Melky Cabrera
            DH-bernie

SP-Unit, moose. Chien Ming wang, Henn (pavano), Chacon

Relief-Mariano, Kyle, Myres(Dotel), Ron or scott proctor, Mendoza(Small)

this shud help us get the ring back

Comment

I agree with the offensive part and the bullpen , but

For starting rotation I would have

Johnson
              Mussina
              Wang
              Chacon
              Wright

I would give Wright a chance for two reasons.

1. He has looked good during the spring.

2. He has learned a new curveball from Mussina and might be a much better pitcher this year.

Comment

Originally posted by constantine603

I would give Wright a chance for two reasons.

1. He has looked good during the spring.

2. He has learned a new curveball from Mussina and might be a much better pitcher this year.
                Wright has looked terrible this spring. In 11.2 IP, all of which coming in 4 starts, he has a 9.26 ERA, given up 21 hits (almost 2 an inning) and 12 ER (more than 1 an inning). It makes me angry just thinking about how bad he's been and how he'll make the team and be given starts that really should be going to other guys like Wang or Small or DeSalvo or Rasner or Smith or even guys like Villone, Mendoza, and Erickson. Wright has been has probably been the worst pitcher in camp so far (Sean Henn is making it competitive for worst pitcher title), and his career which has been marred by injuries and inconsistency does not bode well for Wright in the coming season. He has got to be one of the worst signings in recent history by the Yankees.

Sorry, I'm going off like this. I don't mean any offense to you inConstantine, it just makes me really angry that Wright has been given so much opportunity so far this spring and will continue to get opportunities during the season when the Yanks have a number of much better options and perhaps even another diamond in the rough in the farm system like Cano and Wang (I'm thinking Matt DeSalvo) who will be denied a chance because the team will stubbornly trot Wright out there and suffer from his 5.5-6.5 ERA this year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X