Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaret Wright??? Injury prone plus bad pitching =?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaret Wright??? Injury prone plus bad pitching =?

Thank you for reading this thread I have seen many complaints about carl pavano and his amount of injuries but Jaret Wright was injured MANY times last year and yet again we find him injured (back) while not serious I believe this is a sign of things to come unfortunately also when he has pitched it was not well last year he had an era of 6.08 which is 1.56 higher than the yankee average last year also when he has pitched this spring he has had and ERA of 9.26 even with many stars away at the WBC while spring training stats are not a great indicator of the season (yankees record is 11-12) he does not look promising what do you think
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

I started a similar thread to this a few weeks ago and I couldn't agree with you more. Wright was a terrible signing, and as long as he's on the team, he'll be given opportunities that could be better used on other players, such as farmhands like Matt DeSalvo or Jason Childers.

Comment

small

Originally posted by DoubleX
      I started a similar thread to this a few weeks ago and I couldn't agree with you more. Wright was a terrible signing, and as long as he's on the team, he'll be given opportunities that could be better used on other players, such as farmhands like Matt DeSalvo or Jason Childers.
      well it wasn`t a terrible signing they were desperate last year for pitching but if Pavano doesn`t pull through then they`re counting on Small who did look good this spring but I doubt his ability to repeat his 10-0 season last year

Comment

Pavano and Wright are definitely big busts as of now. I don't think any Yankees fan even considered signing Wright. I guess those Yankees front office guys knew more than we did.

Comment

Originally posted by farmsystem
          Pavano and Wright are definitely big busts as of now. I don't think any Yankees fan even considered signing Wright. I guess those Yankees front office guys knew more than we did.
          I don`t know about Wright but I think Pavano is going to have a big year

Comment

As a Red Sox fan, I laughed when the Yankees signed Wright.

As a baseball fan, I was totally baffled as to why they signed Wright. Pavano was enough of a gamble, but why would you bring another gamble in with Wright? Honestly, Yankees got lucky they made it to playoff last year due to signing too questionable pitchers in Pavano and Wright, both just coming off good seasons, but not doing much before that.

Now they're stuck with Wright, because nobody will take him, unless the Yankkes pay them to take him. You know it's bad when you have to pay a team if you want to get rid of a certain player.

Comment

I actually wanted the Red Sox to sign Pavano because I wasn't convinced that he could repeat his 18 win performance in 2004.

Comment

they talk about pavono more because he has a bigger contract. I believe Pavono will have a BETTER year but will not be a top end pitcher who can notch 20 wins. Jaret Wright was just a downright bust. He will be given chances but I feel Joe Torres is already liking the idea better of him as long man. Good Choice those spots are much better given to Wang and Chacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinyballer
                  they talk about pavono more because he has a bigger contract. I believe Pavono will have a BETTER year but will not be a top end pitcher who can notch 20 wins. Jaret Wright was just a downright bust. He will be given chances but I feel Joe Torres is already liking the idea better of him as long man. Good Choice those spots are much better given to Wang and Chacon.
                  Yeah but odds are at least one of their pitchers will be injured at one point or another seriously.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X