Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selig launches steroid investigation: Sheffield, Giambi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selig launches steroid investigation: Sheffield, Giambi?

Personally I like this but how will this effect the Yankees
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

I'm also all for this.....let the chips fall were they may.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Giambi, like Bonds, had his testimony leaked. Let them suffer the same fate, I'll say.

I wasn't sure if Giambi was expected to suffer any greater punishment, but if one has used, as has the other, I'm in favor of them facing the same consequences.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        Giambi, like Bonds, had his testimony leaked. Let them suffer the same fate, I'll say.

I wasn't sure if Giambi was expected to suffer any greater punishment, but if one has used, as has the other, I'm in favor of them facing the same consequences.
        Mattingly: Very well put. This affects the very honor of the game. Brownie31

Comment

Thanks. Now if only Cashman had decided to go for Vlad instead, and kept the "steroid" word in Giambi's contract.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

This is ridiculous. Selig ignored the problem of steroids in baseball forever as the sport prospered, now launches this investigation because he's been forced into it. Hypocrite.

BTW, the guy he chose to head the investigation is a part owner of the Red Sox. No coincidence. Think anyone up in Boston has to sweat about this?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X