X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nike Derek Jeter "DJ2" shoe to be rolled out on April 1st

Nike ready to roll out new Jeter shoe
    NEW YORK, March 30 (UPI) -- New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter is the only major league baseball player with a spring tradition that has everything to do with -- basketball.

Jeter's latest Nike basketball shoe, the sixth "Jumpman Jeter Official," hits stores Saturday, the New York Post reported Thursday.

Released as part of the legendary round-baller Michael Jordan Collection, the Jeter shoe retails for a cool $100, the newspaper said.

ESPN2 "It's the Shoes" host Bobbito Garcia said only 20 percent of the people who buy basketball shoes actually step out on a court in them.

"The other 80 percent just wear them to look cool," he said.

And as far as "cool" goes, Garcia predicts the new Jeters will be a big hit.

"These look 'aiight,'" he said, "very 'aiight.'"

For the uninitiated, "aiight" is shorthand for all right.
    A nice ad:

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-01-2006, 01:04 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Originally posted by Mattingly
    His shoe is not nike , it's Jordan .

Comment

Why is there an old brewers logo on the shoe?

Also, why am I looking in the Yanks forum? ::shudders::
      RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
        Why is there an old brewers logo on the shoe?

Also, why am I looking in the Yanks forum? ::shudders::
        This Logo on the shoe does not represent the Brewers but a glove with ''2'' on it .

Comment

But on the shoe its a 4 finger glove like the brewers old one (a stylised "MB") and not a 5 finger design which would properly represent a real glove.
          RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Originally posted by brewcrew82
            But on the shoe its a 4 finger glove like the brewers old one (a stylised "MB") and not a 5 finger design which would properly represent a real glove.
            OK yuo win .

Comment

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
              His shoe is not nike , it's Jordan .
              How could it be Air Jordan and not be Nike? Since Michael Jordan is the official King of athlete-named sports shoes, how could they be separate? It even has famous leaping his logo.

I need some news release or something, but also, why isn't it a baseball shoe, instead of some basketball/training shoe?

Here's the Brewer's old logo (unsure what their present is, but their Mod is right here):

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-01-2006, 06:30 AM.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

you know you are a big time star when you are a baseball player and have your own basketball shoe. Now that is something!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
                  I need some news release or something, but also, why isn't it a baseball shoe, instead of some basketball/training shoe?

Here's the Brewer's old logo (unsure what their present is, but their Mod is right here):

I always wondered why DJ wore the "Jordan" loo on all his things (sweatbands etc) instead of the Nike flash, now I sort of know but now, I too am curious as to why he has basketball shoes out (its not like the early '90's trend of high-top baseball cleats will return...at least I hope not). That being said, I may have to invest in a pair.

As for the current brewers logo, here 'tis Matt:
                  RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

All:

I'll have to find out about the basketball shoe thing. There was some ad in the NY Post on Thursday (some Yankee/Mets 2006 Preview) that had the ad. I'll scan it in later on, but it shows some training shoe. That's what has me confused.

I'll gather more info as I find it.

bc82: Thanks for the posting of the updated logo.

Comment

Who's fooling who here?

Comment

Here's the first picture. My scanner is only 8.5x11" and it's a newspaper ad, so it's slightly cut off at the edges.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 04-01-2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Here's the 2nd page of the ad.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X