The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
    Does anybody know if we have to face Jered Weaver?
    No we don't. He just pitched last night against the Red Sox.

Here's the matchup of the remainder of the series.
    Tonight: Wright - Lackey
    Sat: Lidle - Santana
    Sun: Karstens - Saunders
    Last edited by Pinstripe Pride; 08-25-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinstripe Pride
      No we don't. He just pitched last night against the Red Sox.

Here's the matchup of the remainder of the series.
      Tonight: Wright - Lackey
      Sat: Lidle - Santana
      Sun: Karstens - Saunders
      Yup 1 game at best. Maybe two if we get lucky somewhere but most likely we'll get swept here. I hate the pitching matchups
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Jaret Wright's line on the day:

3.2 IP, 9 hits, 3 earned runs, 2 BB, 3 K, 91 pitches, 58 for strikes

Can't we just let him pitch until his arm falls off?

Comment

• Wright's a 5-6 innings pitcher when he's going well. He's also been skipped so I guess he's not as effective. I think he's done a decent job this season better than I had expected. Not much really to ask from him.
          The other point I like to make is ARod. I think I've reached a point where I just don't see him having much of an impact this season. You can live with his Ks when he puts up big numbers but not when he's played so poorly this year. Something is wrong with him this season and the only difference I could think of is that Matsui and Sheff are not in the lineup. How can a guy who put up great numbers last season perform so poorly this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by farmsystem
            Wright's a 5-6 innings pitcher when he's going well. He's also been skipped so I guess he's not as effective. I think he's done a decent job this season better than I had expected. Not much really to ask from him.
            The other point I like to make is ARod. I think I've reached a point where I just don't see him having much of an impact this season. You can live with his Ks when he puts up big numbers but not when he's played so poorly this year. Something is wrong with him this season and the only difference I could think of is that Matsui and Sheff are not in the lineup. How can a guy who put up great numbers last season perform so poorly this season?
            Well yesterday was his first day back so that could explain yesterday. Today we might as well have forfeited. Wright against Lackey??!!! Doubtful. I do not agree with Torre bringing in Dotel. Why not Rivera. Why save him for a save situation when he hasn`t been used in a long long time and the game is on the line?

Comment

• I was pretty much expecting an 11-10 record during the 21 games in 20 days. The only thing I couldn't predict was how it would get to 11-10. I mean outside of the sweep the Yankees have lost all the other series so far(tied one). They still have 2 more against the Angels. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees lost both of them since the Angels have the Yankees number for the past 10+ seasons.

Comment

• I hate the Angels so much.

Here are the OPSes of their lineup:

Figgins 694
                Izturis 822
                Cabrera 760
                Guerrero 922
                Anderson 741
                Rivera 906
                Kendrick 774
                Kennedy 678
                Napoli 821

Here are the Yanks:

Damon 887
                Jeter 880
                Abreu 995
                Giambi 1.013
                Rodriguez 885
                Posada 832
                Cano 834
                Melky 768
                Bernie 749

How the hell do they always beat us? Their lineup is sooo bad. It looks like we're goign to lose today, as Lidle keeps giving up singles to bad hitters. I just hope the Sox lsoe too, so our lead doesn't shrink to 4.5

God, one day I hope we beat the Angels 13-2. I don't remember a game where we've done that (besides the time A-rod went crazy on Bartolo). Why can't we just hit four HRs in a game against them

Comment

• Originally posted by ssbguyincognito

How the hell do they always beat us? Their lineup is sooo bad. It looks like we're goign to lose today, as Lidle keeps giving up singles to bad hitters. I just hope the Sox lsoe too, so our lead doesn't shrink to 4.5
                  Probably their lineup is good enough to beat us. They are what the Germans call Angstgegner, an opponent that strikes one with fear...

I didn't see the game, but is it possible that Scioscia outmanges Torre everytime?

Maybe are the Yankees not as good as we all think they are. Like I said before, an all star lineup doesn't necessarily make a good team.

Thanks goodness the Red Sox showed themselves good sports by losing as well.
                  Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 08-27-2006, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                    Probably their lineup is good enough to beat us. They are what the Germans call Angstgegner, an opponent that strikes one with fear...

I didn't see the game, but is it possible that Scioscia outmanges Torre everytime?

Maybe are the Yankees not as good as we all think they are. Like I said before, an all star lineup doesn't necessarily make a good team.

Thanks goodness the Red Sox showed themselves good sports by losing as well.
                    Well the faxct that they beat the tar out of everyone else seems to make them look like a good team.

Well, it looks like a sweep but maybe we`ll get lucky

Comment

• When we play the Angels, who are a small ball team, Torre tries to change his team to a small ball team and play their style. That's why in last year's ALDS, he batted A-rod 2nd behind Jeter, because he wanted speed at the top of the lineup. I consider it one of the stupidest decisions ever by a manager. Would Mike Scoscia ever bat Vlad 2nd? Would Francona bat Ortiz 2nd?

Remember, last year, A-rod led the AL in HRS, slugging percentage, OBP (and therefore OPS). We won the division with A-rod batting cleanup the entir eyear. Then, going into the playoffs, Torre changes the lineup. He leaves it to Matsui and Sheffield to drive people in. They had horrible series; remember, A-rod OBPed 400+ even though he only batted 133. The Angels just pitched around him every game.

Also, Torre likes to call hit and runs against the Angels, when we clearly aren't that type of taem. They generate offense by singles, bunts, stolen bases, hit and runs etc... We do it by walking and hitting the longball. IT's not like they change their offensive phislophsy when they play us. WHy does Torre do it when we play them?

Comment

• I think the Yankees pitching has done a good job this season. However, the starters not going deep into games is catching up. I guess it always come down to pitching and the Yankees are not pitching well lately.

Comment

• Villone is done :/

You know what I'm praying for tonight? A-Rod gets beaned and charges the mound.
                          Last edited by mikesty; 08-27-2006, 09:25 AM.
                          "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• They've come out of the Bosox series tired and emotional, to borrow and old phrase, and have run smack into a good, well-managed team that always beats them around. (Boston's not doing much better.) The AL East is not the toughest division in baseball, and a series like this one points it up. Also, NY is playing with some of its best players on DL or in rehab, and there's just so long that power can overwhelm pitching, especially with A-rod is mired in a slump (for him -- for other players it ould be a career year, 35-40 HR and 100+ RBI). Oh, and I've neglected the relievers, who are beginning to resemble a M*A*S*H episode. Whenever Pavano comes back, assuming he does, Wright goes the pen and that's a good thing. Lidle had a tough outing, but still looks okay. The key, I think, will be the gap in the loss column vis-a-vis Boston. I figure, barring a collapse, that the Yanks are safely into the post-season, but hard-pressed to survive the playoffs. If Matsui comes back, however, my foggy crystal ball sees A-rod breaking out of his funk in a hurry.

Comment

• Bernie "Still Young" Williams hit 2 dingers today: a solo shot and a 3-run bomb into the Anaheim bullpen.

BERN, BABY BERN!!!

Melky's out today, supposedly because he needs a root canal. Not a good thing.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Melky's out today, supposedly because he needs a root canal. Not a good thing.

Ouch.

That's gonna take him 2-3 days outta the lineup.
                                "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X