The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandlot
    Question: Jeter's hitting streak -- is it still intact? Officially the three walks mean no at-bats, but he did play and he did not get a hit. So what's the verdict? Waldman also said that Torry apologized for forgetting about the streak and lifting Jeter before he'd had another at-bat. Jeter said to forget about it because "I wasn't going to catch Joe. D. anyway." Nice.
    I was wondering the same thing. ESPN's Baseball Tonight made it seem like the streak was still intact, but I don't get it. Yeah he might not have logged an official AB, but he did play in the game and he did fail to get a hit, so to me, the streak should be over.

EDIT: So I was just watching Cold Pizza on ESPN (yes I watch ESPN a lot) and they said according to MLB Rule 10.24(a), the streak does not end if the batter does not register an official AB. So, technically, it is still alive.
    Last edited by DoubleX; 09-13-2006, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Has Octavio Dotel pitched himself out of the Post Season Rotation?

I really like the guy and I know how he's capable of pitching when he's on, but I just think he needs more work.

Yet, when he's called upon...he's struggled. Bruney's actually taking some of his work now.

I think I'm more comfortable with Bruney in the Post Season, over Dotel.
      "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Okay, I`m no longer as comfoprtable with Lidle as a starter as jaret Wright. He threw way to many pitches today.
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Another great appearance by Bruney. At this point, Torre would be insane to leave him off the postseason roster. The guy has been light's out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
            Another great appearance by Bruney. At this point, Torre would be insane to leave him off the postseason roster. The guy has been light's out.
            dont be jinking us with the post season.
            "It's deja vu all over again!"
            -Yogi Berra-

Comment

• You know who we don't talk enough about on here? Robinson Cano. He just keeps getting better, and the best part is, he's only 23!!! There is still so much time for him to grow and improve, he might be only skimming the surface now.

Comment

• Very impressive by Karstens getting his GB's but he's giving up the longball and Jeter had a miscue that hurt them pretty badly.

Unfortunately his success seems kind of flukey overrall. He has a FB% over 50% he also has a GB% just above 30%. His IFFB% is pretty average and he has a FIP above 5.00. His biggest strength is probably his tiny 11% LD% and he seems to have very good control. His BABIP is very low which is a product of luck and his tiny LD%. Maybe he can cut down on his FB% and increase his GB% or increase his K's but unless this happens he could have a Shawn Chacon esque 2007 and for the rest of his career.
                Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 09-14-2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of Cano, here he his with 2 outs 2 on and an 0-2 count. the offense needs to wake up. Good job so far by Jeter and Matsui.

Add Cano to the list of people doing well.

And here come the Yankees.

Comment

• Rasner has looked sharped tonight. 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K.

Comment

• Got The Sweep...Bring on Boston!

Tonight's win is their 42nd come from behind win this year and their 6th in a row. Rasner looked good.

Let's keep it rolling...

Comment

Rasner has looked sharped tonight. 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K.

Hmm....maybe I was wrong about Rasner!
                        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyStarks
                          Hmm....maybe I was wrong about Rasner!
                          The sample is still small, but he did throw 4 scoreless innings last night. The guy just seems to know how to pitch to me as he has good offspeed and breaking stuff. I'd actually like to see him start next Tuesday instead of Karstens.

I have this feeling about Rasner that he's a guy the Yankees will give up on or toss in in some trade, and he'll go on to success elsewhere.

Comment

• Weather looked like the rain was sticking this afternoon. Doesn't look much better now with gray skies. People were surprised to get last night's game in. Could be more of the same.

I expect a 1-hr rain delay. Hopefully, we won't have a pair of double headers on Sat/Sun.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

The sample is still small, but he did throw 4 scoreless innings last night. The guy just seems to know how to pitch to me as he has good offspeed and breaking stuff. I'd actually like to see him start next Tuesday instead of Karstens.

I have this feeling about Rasner that he's a guy the Yankees will give up on or toss in in some trade, and he'll go on to success elsewhere.
                              Ala Doug Drabek? Al Leiter? Jake Westbrook? Damaso Marte?

Comment

• Doubleheader set for Sunday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X