X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offense seems to have forgotten that this isn't 2003. That kiled u.s
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Bases-loaded 1 out, 3 consecutive 1 out walks with Trot Nixon up. We need to get out of this NOW.

4-2 and another BB

Impressive performance by Bruney but those 2 walks worry me.
      Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 09-16-2006, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know why Torre doesn't seem to be using Craig Wilson anymore? He's using Aaron Guiel at 1B tonight, and in the past two weeks or so, I think we've seen more of Guiel at 1B than Wilson. Why is that? Wilson is a much better hitter than Guiel, it's not really close. The only advantage Guiel has over Wilson is he's a better OFer, but that doesn't matter when Guiel is playing 1B.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
          Anyone know why Torre doesn't seem to be using Craig Wilson anymore? He's using Aaron Guiel at 1B tonight, and in the past two weeks or so, I think we've seen more of Guiel at 1B than Wilson. Why is that? Wilson is a much better hitter than Guiel, it's not really close. The only advantage Guiel has over Wilson is he's a better OFer, but that doesn't matter when Guiel is playing 1B.
          I dont see anything from Wilson other than HR and strikeouts and way too many strikeouts. I think Torre would want a versatile bench player so he is giving Guiel more time since he can play first and the OF. Wilson is just a 1B player.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustyray
            I dont see anything from Wilson other than HR and strikeouts and way too many strikeouts. I think Torre would want a versatile bench player so he is giving Guiel more time since he can play first and the OF. Wilson is just a 1B player.
            Wilson was playing RF for Pittsburgh and has played more RF than 1B in his career (as well as some LF and C).

Comment

Wilson was playing RF for Pittsburgh and has played more RF than 1B in his career (as well as some LF and C).
              Or oin other words he's a second Migeul Cairo only for the right-side?

Comment

• Wow Ron Villone ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. It's now 6-2. He's given up 3 walks and 2 doubles in the inning alone. And one of them was to Dustin Peidrora. His whip on the season is 1.47.

If I were Torre, I'd be very very concerned about using him in any sort of postseason role. The first half of the season he was clearly over the mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
                  Wow Ron Villone ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. It's now 6-2. He's given up 3 walks and 2 doubles in the inning alone. And one of them was to Dustin Peidrora. His whip on the season is 1.47.

If I were Torre, I'd be very very concerned about using him in any sort of postseason role. The first half of the season he was clearly over the mean.
                  Hopefully its just Villone struggling. This past month Villone has lost it. With the emergence of Bruney, I'm not that concerned about the middle part of the bullpen for the postseason. The one main concern is getting Mo back 100% healthy. Then you have Bruney for the 6th if the starter cant go deep in games, Proctor/Farnsworth setting up, Mo closing and you mix in Myers to get the opposing team's best lefty hitter.

Comment

• This might sound silly at first glance, but does anyone else thing that Scott Proctor deserves some Cy Young consideration? Now I'm not talking about him winning or even in the top 5, but I think perhaps top 10. Where would the Yankees be without him trotting out there just about everyday and holding the fort? Bullpen depth can be a major issue, we've seen it firsthand in recent years - but to have a guy like Proctor, that can go out there everyday and do the job, is huge, IMO. He's going to pass 100 IP out of the pen.

Comment

• No way, Jose!
                      "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• Meyers was left in too long, then KF allowed the go ahead run. Now it's time for the bottom of the 9th.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out why Villone was left in there so long. I wish he'd have gotten that pickoff attempt on Crisp, who'd evaded the tag. However, he lost concentration despite having 2 strikes, 2 outs on Pedroia. Once Pedroia doubled, I felt he should've been taken out.

You can't get out the #2 batter when Ortiz on deck, and you've got 2 strikes on him, that's bad news. Then the expected IBB of Ortiz.

Perhaps Bruney would've been a better choice to come in at that time.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

This might sound silly at first glance, but does anyone else thing that Scott Proctor deserves some Cy Young consideration? Now I'm not talking about him winning or even in the top 5, but I think perhaps top 10. Where would the Yankees be without him trotting out there just about everyday and holding the fort? Bullpen depth can be a major issue, we've seen it firsthand in recent years - but to have a guy like Proctor, that can go out there everyday and do the job, is huge, IMO. He's going to pass 100 IP out of the pen.

I dunno about Top 10...but Top 20 yes.

I think we talked about this from the Yankee Poll as to who was the Bullpen MVP.

Proctor has been so important to the Yanks. He's almost been just as important as Mo. Because Proctor is the main guy who bridges the gap to the Sandman. If Proctor wasn't as good this season, I don't think the Yanks would be either.

Who would get the ball to Mo? Farnsworth? Dear lord ...NO!
                            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Darrell Rasner just worked himself out of a filthy mess.

HBP + double + 2 RISP, no outs, no DP chance, since 1B was open. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Vernon Wells was wisely walked. He got the popup, foulout and K afterwards.

Hopefully, the 2nd inning won't be such a nail-biter.
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Darrell Rasner just worked himself out of a filthy mess.

HBP + double + 2 RISP, no outs, no DP chance, since 1B was open. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Vernon Wells was wisely walked. He got the popup, foulout and K afterwards.

Hopefully, the 2nd inning won't be such a nail-biter.
                                I was just about to say...."Pheeeeeeeeeeeew".

I was ready to call out DX about his boy Rasner!

Wow, props to the kid for working out of that.
                                I was hoping to get out of that with only 2 runs....but I'll take the donut!
                                "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X