The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm..

I think Rasner might be off tonight. The 2nd inning isn't looking too well either.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyStarks
      Hmmm..

I think Rasner might be off tonight. The 2nd inning isn't looking too well either.
      After two singles and a bunt to get 2 RISP, 1 out, I'm glad that the next ball in play was a groundout. I'm especially happy that he'd gotten Cattalanotto on an F9 (flyout to RF). He'd hit a double in the 1st.

Good thing, as there was no place to put him with Wells on deck. You definitely want Wells, Tejada, Ortiz, etc leading off the next inning when there's trouble.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Hmmm..

Might have something to do with him having pitched 4 innings on Thursday?

Comment

• I wish Torre would stop abusing Proctor! With such a big league in the division and the season nearing an end, Proctor must be sufficiently rested for the postseason. Even Al Leiter commented just now that Proctor's velocity is noticeably higher when he has a little more rest. Torre doesn't realize that he's hurting the team in the postseason by killing Proctor. I can see it now - crucial late game situation, Proctor leaves something up in the zone and without his usual velocity, and it's killed to put the other team ahead. When that happens, I'll blame Torre, because it will likely be all this unnecessary late season abuse that keeps Proctor's velocity down at around 93 or 94 and takes away the great movement on his fastball, instead of a much more unhittable 98 with movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
            I wish Torre would stop abusing Proctor! With such a big league in the division and the season nearing an end, Proctor must be sufficiently rested for the postseason. Even Al Leiter commented just now that Proctor's velocity is noticeably higher when he has a little more rest. Torre doesn't realize that he's hurting the team in the postseason by killing Proctor. I can see it now - crucial late game situation, Proctor leaves something up in the zone and without his usual velocity, and it's killed to put the other team ahead. When that happens, I'll blame Torre, because it will likely be all this unnecessary late season abuse that keeps Proctor's velocity down at around 93 or 94 and takes away the great movement on his fastball, instead of a much more unhittable 98 with movement.
            I agree with you but look at the ninth inning. 4 pitchers to get 3 outs. I dont want Octaviel Dotel on the postseason roster. He has showed nothing. He also cant pitch back to back days and Games 1 and 2 of every series are always back to back. Same case for Farnsworth so it makes no sense to have both guys on the roster.
            A few weeks ago i wouldnt have said that Jeter would be the MVP but now I think he is up there with Dye and Santana.

Comment

• Torre is getting a little to cocky with that lead

I fear the Yanks are going to go on a losing beinge
              Torre is using all these rookie pitchers and benching to many guys
              Torre gave a gift in a few of those games to the Bosox this weekend
              Don't forget if Detroit winds up with a better they get the Home advantage
              It doesn't look like Torre really cares if he wins without clinching this thing
              He's to worried about the playoffs before he wins the division
              I keep of thinking about that impossible come back the Bosox made in the 2004 playoffs
              If anybody said Bosox would win the playoffs when down 0-3 to the Yankees they would had the guy committed

Comment

• Hank, I'm just going to post what I posted to you earlier in the day in another thread:

"Hank, this is why we created "The Season" thread - to post our thoughts about the games instead of creating a new thread with every new thought. It clutters the forum and dillutes conversation. Could you please post your thoughts in "The Season" thread; I promise you'll get responses there.

Thanks."

In other words, please refrain from creating a new thread each time you have a thought. We welcome your thoughts, but it will make things a lot cleaner if you put them in "The Season" thread. That thread was creating for the exact types of discussions you're trying to make and for the exact reasons why I'm asking you not to start so many threads. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustyray
                  I agree with you but look at the ninth inning. 4 pitchers to get 3 outs. I dont want Octaviel Dotel on the postseason roster. He has showed nothing. He also cant pitch back to back days and Games 1 and 2 of every series are always back to back. Same case for Farnsworth so it makes no sense to have both guys on the roster.
                  A few weeks ago i wouldnt have said that Jeter would be the MVP but now I think he is up there with Dye and Santana.
                  Dotel should not be anywhere near the postseason roster. This reminds me of a few years back when Steve Karsay had missed over a season and came back for a brief September stint. Dotel is obviously not fully recovered yet and he should really be looking towards next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as the Red Sox closer.

Torre has to give Ron Villone a rest as well. The guy is obviously beat, so stop trotting him out there everyday.

Comment

• Everyone agrees about Dotel. He's just not ready and needs to be pulled before he gets too beat up and loses confidence. Villone is shaky, to say the least. Proctor's problem is never saying no, but he should learn how. Maybe he can take lessons from Pavano.

Comment

• For the 1,000th time.

Joe Torre just has no concept or a clue as to who a 'bullpen' works.
                      He over works his best pitchers...even when the season is already in the books and we're just trying to get to the finish line.

Why not give Bruney more opportunities?
                      Why not rest Villone and Proctor?
                      Keep trotting Karsten and Rastner out there and see what they got.
                      Send TJ Beam out there and let him get experience.

Jesus...this is SEPTEMBER.
                      Let the kids play and rest your vets who have played hard all year long.
                      Give Jeter, ARod days off now. Or let them play 4-5 innings and then pull them.

Give Randy and Moose more days off.
                      They obviously need the rest.

Sorry about the rant.

One would think there was a loss tonight. Haha
                      "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Why not give Bruney more opportunities?
                        Why not rest Villone and Proctor?
                        Keep trotting Karsten and Rastner out there and see what they got.
                        Send TJ Beam out there and let him get experience.
                        You know I agree wholeheartedly with this. Though, I think Torre is starting to abuse even Bruney; it seems he's out there most everyday. I'd like to see more of Veras. I'm not very sold on Beam.

Looking forward to next year, I shudder at the thought that Torre might bring Sturtze back over someone like Bruney.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
                          You know I agree wholeheartedly with this. Though, I think Torre is starting to abuse even Bruney; it seems he's out there most everyday. I'd like to see more of Veras. I'm not very sold on Beam.

Looking forward to next year, I shudder at the thought that Torre might bring Sturtze back over someone like Bruney.

Dear God...please no!

I hope that Cashman puts Torre's glasses back on.
                          There is no way any sane man picks Sturtze over Bruney. Or even Beam for that matter.

Man, I like Beam. I don't know why, but I think he just needs some more coaching and more opportunities.

Comment

• BTW....

It's been pretty quiet on the ARod-Bashing front? LOL

Comment

BTW....

It's been pretty quiet on the ARod-Bashing front? LOL
                              Hmm I think he has been hitting over .400 in the month of September so that really silenced all those bashers. And plus the media isnt focused on him. The media is usually the instigator that starts the negative critisim(sp).

Comment

• Sheffield was activated today.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X