Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleX
    Sheffield was activated today.
    We need a blopwout so maybe he can pinch hit. BTW I`m not sure but I think with Yesterday's win they clinched a playoff spot. Here's Karsten's with a leadoff single aginst him. A liner and a pop-foul out. I have a feeling he's due for some bad luck with his fly balls.
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Anyone remember Matt Smith? He was sent to Philly in the Abreu trade. I just wanted to mention him because he's still not given up an earned run this year. Granted, it's only be 19 innings combined between New York and Philly, but it's still kind of impressive.

Comment

• Bases-loaded, 2 outs. 1 pitvh away from blowing it. We're lucky that it has taken so long for the Jays to pull through.

Note: We can clinch today if Boston loses today and we win today because of the tiebreaker scenario that gave us the division last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
          Anyone remember Matt Smith? He was sent to Philly in the Abreu trade. I just wanted to mention him because he's still not given up an earned run this year. Granted, it's only be 19 innings combined between New York and Philly, but it's still kind of impressive.
          Impressive indeed and I winced a bit when I heard he was in the deal but I think that it will be a mutually benficial deal.

Outstanidng by Damon right their. If you didn`t see it, I guarentee you will on Baseball Tonight.

Comment

• I can't believe how identical Abreau and Giambi are

I can't believe how these two guys can milk pitchers for walks
            They are exactly the same for mooching off pitchers to get on base

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank Parks
              Keep it in the Season thread, Hank.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                Thank you Evan. Anything that helps get the point across is welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hank Parks

Except that I feel more comfortable when Abreu's working the pitcher since Bobby will make contact more times than Giambi.

And like Evan said and DX's said..."in the season thread".
                  "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Hmmm....

Is it me? Or does Damon take awkward angles to the ball when he goes back?
                    It kind of scares me.
                    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                      That's just been done.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyStarks
                        Hmmm....

Is it me? Or does Damon take awkward angles to the ball when he goes back?
                        It kind of scares me.
                        Hmmm Didn't Damon injure his big toe by running to the wall in Toronto also? I think that the turf is bad for him. The good thing last night was that Beam and Veras set up for Farnsworth and no sign of Proctor (I know that makes most of us happy )

It looks like a few bench players will be in there against Halladay today. Posada, Giambi and Damon would get the day off.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyStarks
                          Except that I feel more comfortable when Abreu's working the pitcher since Bobby will make contact more times than Giambi.

And like Evan said and DX's said..."in the season thread".

Now that Abreu has been on the team for a while, he reminds me of O'Neil with more speed, stronger arm and a lot more patience and a lot less emotion when making an out. I think it was a great pickup and fits perfectly.

Comment

• Gary Sheffield has been activated and Mo will be ready on Friday:

Sheffield Dispatches Guidry to the Showers
                            The last two days could not have gone much better for Gary Sheffield. He was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, he is adapting quickly to first base in practice and he even hit some homers off a Cy Young award winner.

The pitcher was Ron Guidry, who is 56 years old and a Yankees coach. But that did not seem to matter to Sheffield, who hit three homers into the second deck at Rogers Center in a simulated game.

“That was like a prayer came true,” Sheffield said. “You could never script that any better: the first pitch you see, you hit it out of the park. The ball was making that sound that I’m used to hearing.”

Sheffield, who had surgery in June to repair a torn ligament in his left hand, has taken batting practice before. But a simulated game is a better test, and Sheffield looked sharp enough to Manager Joe Torre to join the active roster.

“I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt in my life,” Sheffield said. “Everything I hit, I felt I could hit out of the stadium. It was free and easy, and the ball was just jumping.”

Though Sheffield was on the bench Tuesday, Torre said he would start at first base soon.

“I just told him, ‘Obviously, we want to clinch here,’ ” Torre said. “Once that happens, he’ll probably get a lot of work.”

RIVERA WILL BE READY FRIDAY _ Mariano Rivera threw 30 pitches off a bullpen mound Tuesday and said he would be ready to pitch in a game Friday if the Yankees let him. Rivera, who has not pitched since Aug. 31 because of a muscle strain near his right elbow, wants to appear in three games before the playoffs.

“That will give me enough time,” Rivera said.

Rivera said he no longer felt any discomfort in his elbow or forearm, and he is planning to play catch on Wednesday.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by rustyray
                              Now that Abreu has been on the team for a while, he reminds me of O'Neil with more speed, stronger arm and a lot more patience and a lot less emotion when making an out. I think it was a great pickup and fits perfectly.
                              Soooo...how does he remind you of O'Neill?

Comment

• Sean Henn is starting tonight :O I'll give him the chance and the benefit of doubt. Last year never happened

I like how we were able to chill out and beat Toronto with 2 rookie pitchers and possibly sweep with a third. The Yankees stand a good chance in the WS because their pitching is finally true MLB playoff calibre. The hitting has been, but their pitching is on par with that of a decade ago. Not quite the superduper 98-00 pitching, but like, 96-97 pitching

I really hope the Yanks kick the crap out of Toronto tonight. I hate the Blue Jays. I hate the stupid Rogers Center (sorry, but that field is TRASH.) Most of all, I can't STAND that manager they have. They're such a boring team. The only awesome person they have is Gregg Zaun, who looks like the kind of guy you'd find in a bowling alley or drinking some Bud at a pool hall.
                                "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X