No announcement yet.

The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson is done as Ron Villone comes in to face Chris Shelton. Johnson allowed a double down the line to Carlos Guillen which finsihed his day.

Comment

• 8 singles to score 4 runs.

Randy's out after the leadoff double to Guillen, Randy was mobbed by his teammates. Villone is in, top of the 7th.

We'll need to keep the game close.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankee Legend
        It's funny because last week you guys were saying he was finished.
        Why do you think I said: "BUT... it isn't over yet" ?

Comment

• Did you see how Terrence Long is wearing his cap? It is an absolute disgrace for the mother of all baseball caps... :grouchy Only for this he should be send back to Columbus.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Okay, bottom of the eighth, one out.

ENTER THE SANDMAN!!!
            Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 05-29-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Ron Villone, with 2 scoreless innings today, may be slowly sliding up Torre's "trusted pitchers" ladder.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Yes! Final out.

I am quite happy with this win. It shows that the Yanks can play a decent game against strong teams as well. I had a bad feeling after the loss against KC, but this win makes it up a bit.

Comment

• Yanks win.

Player of the Game: Randy Johnson
                  Honorable mention: Ron Villone

Comment

• Not sold yet on Rjohnson's return to normalcy. The Tigers are in a hitting funk. Ralph Terry mighta looked good out there today. Tigers have scored just one run in last 25 innings. Let's see what happens in next start against BoSox at the Stadium.

Comment

• Nice win today

Randy looked good for the first time in over a month

A-rod comes up with an RBI that isn't in a blowout game

Cano gets himself over .300 again

Tigers muster up 2 hits through 9

nice job today

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                        Yes! Final out.

I am quite happy with this win. It shows that the Yanks can play a decent game against strong teams as well. I had a bad feeling after the loss against KC, but this win makes it up a bit.
                        I wouldnt recognize the Tigers as a good team until they beat anybody really good (besides for Cleveland)

Comment

• Very important game for Johnson hopefully he can build from it

Comment

• A two hit shutout for the Unit!
                            Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaacck.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                            Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballantine Blast
                              Not sold yet on Rjohnson's return to normalcy. The Tigers are in a hitting funk. Ralph Terry mighta looked good out there today. Tigers have scored just one run in last 25 innings. Let's see what happens in next start against BoSox at the Stadium.
                              I agree. Tigers seem to be coming down recently. Plus Johnson had just 4 Ks and gave up 3 walks, not a good sign that he's returning to the Johnson of old.

Comment

• I just knew you people would know how to put a negative spin on it. I just want to make a point. Who told you that the last start was definitely something he could build on because of the 8 K's and the fact that he settled down.

Proctor is definitely overworked. Not quite as much as Sturtze and others have been in the past but still to much.

Good point about Trevor Hoffman only needing 33 more saves to become first on the all time list.

I don`t care how poor the Tigers offense has been lately or that they haven`t beaten a great team other than Cleveland. A 6 inning, 2 hit, shutout is not easy. The Big Unit is back.
                                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X