• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees fans are the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by AG1
      Yankees fans are the worst.
      So you post into the Yankee forum that Yankee fans are the worst? May I ask why you feel that way?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Octavio Dotel will soon be returning.

A small case of tendinitis behind Octavio Dotel's
        right elbow backed him up by a few days.
        (Eddie Michaels/AP)

Notes: Dotel close to joining Yankees
        Reliever heading to Trenton to finish rehab assignment

============

There's also word there that Farnsworth was in the pen on Monday, and that Pavano may be due for August. Hopefully, it'll be to pitcher, rather than walking outside, letting a few sprinkles of water drop on his pinkie, then him running back inside again. Carl Pavano unfortunately is more fragile than china being dropped onto the sidewalk from above.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          So you post into the Yankee forum that Yankee fans are the worst? May I ask why you feel that way?
          Because you are all bandwagon jumpers.

Comment

Matt, DX....I didn't know Trolling was allowed.

We're all Bandwagon jumpers...but at least we're not Barroid Bonds fans.
            Last edited by TonyStarks; 06-20-2006, 04:53 PM.
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

If that's the best you have to offer, I'd only advise you from posting further into the Yankee forum.

You neither know us, nor have read our various posts, of which there are quite a few, if you'd take the time out to look. However, the facts never stopped you from lumping all of us into a bundle of negativity you've called "Yankee fans".

There are many Yankee haters I've considered my good friends here. Look around, they're not hard to find. However, they do at least post sensibly here. Please feel free to join them in their discreet and intelligent posting manner.

Comment

• Hey all, I've just joined these forums. So here's a little bit about me.
                I am 22 years old and I've just graduated college earlier this month. I've been a Yankee fan since 1994 when I first learned of the sport. I listen to most of the games so I've gotten used to hearing John Sterling. I watch the Yankees when they are on Fox or UPN, which is very scarce.

And to tonight's game.
                I'm happy and relieved that the Yankees beat the Phillies. That was quite a matchup to end the game. Mo vs Howard (who homered twice). I knew that Mo will win the battle because he comes thru for us 99% of the time. I hope Octaviel Dotel is the answer to the bullpen. Torre can't sent out Mo for two innings especially against teams like the Nationals or the Phillies. Moose pitched another poor game. I hope that he gets back on track to what he was doing earlier this year because the backend of the rotation isn't doing well. And how about Bernie with 5 hits? He still has something left and I hope that Torre gives Bernie a few breathers a week to keep him fresh throughout the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustyray
                  Hey all, I've just joined these forums. So here's a little bit about me.
                  I am 22 years old and I've just graduated college earlier this month. I've been a Yankee fan since 1994 when I first learned of the sport. I listen to most of the games so I've gotten used to hearing John Sterling. I watch the Yankees when they are on Fox or UPN, which is very scarce.

And to tonight's game.
                  I'm happy and relieved that the Yankees beat the Phillies. That was quite a matchup to end the game. Mo vs Howard (who homered twice). I knew that Mo will win the battle because he comes thru for us 99% of the time. I hope Octaviel Dotel is the answer to the bullpen. Torre can't sent out Mo for two innings especially against teams like the Nationals or the Phillies. Moose pitched another poor game. I hope that he gets back on track to what he was doing earlier this year because the backend of the rotation isn't doing well. And how about Bernie with 5 hits? He still has something left and I hope that Torre gives Bernie a few breathers a week to keep him fresh throughout the season.
                  Welcome rustyray, and congrats on the college graduation! There are certainly many growing concerns about the pitching staff. The last thing we need is for Mussina to stumble like he has been lately. If the Yankees have to score 7-10 runs a night to win, it's not going to be pretty (and it's not pretty right now).

Comment

• C'mon, you vets know better than to feed the trolls. Just let them lie!!!

Originally posted by rustyray
                    Hey all, I've just joined these forums. So here's a little bit about me.

And to tonight's game.
                    Welcome to the board It's a good place to discuss the Yanks

A win is a win. I'd like to see Mussina back in form and the bullpen straighten out so Mo doesn't have to go two innings again. Offense made me proud, Giambi and A-Rod with HRs and everyone pitching in.
                    "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• I was beginning to worry about Rhodes, after last night's flawless performance. Glad to see that all is back to normal.

I'm glad the Yanks got the win, but I would be a lot happier if Mo didn't have to work two innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikesty
                        A win is a win. I'd like to see Mussina back in form and the bullpen straighten out so Mo doesn't have to go two innings again. Offense made me proud, Giambi and A-Rod with HRs and everyone pitching in.
                        A-Rod didn't hit a homerun tonight, did he? I think Giambi and Posada did.

Speaking of Posada, I think he's making a good case for being deserving of an All-Star appearance this year. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen for him. Looks like Varitek will take the fan vote and take up a spot that others deserve much more; I can't fathom Joe Mauer not making it; and Ozzie Guillen could very well go with his own guy, AJ Pierzynski to round out the squad at catcher. Pierzynsky isn't a bad choice at all, since he's hitting .327, but his 0.823 OPS pales to Posada's 0.924. That is a tremendous figure by a catcher and I believe the 2nd best in baseball behind the phenomenal Joe Mauer. Victor Martinez and Ivan Rodriguez have to be considered as well, but I think Posada deserves to be there and will likely miss out because of the fan voting for Varitek.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
                          A-Rod didn't hit a homerun tonight, did he? I think Giambi and Posada did..
                          Pardon me for being an idiot. I mixed my thoughts up about the A-Rod double play with Jorge hitting a homer. I was going to say how the a-rod DP was a little upsetting but I've given him enough flak. I apologize :O
                          "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
                            \

Speaking of Posada, I think he's making a good case for being deserving of an All-Star appearance this year. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen for him. Looks like Varitek will take the fan vote and take up a spot that others deserve much more; I can't fathom Joe Mauer not making it; and Ozzie Guillen could very well go with his own guy, AJ Pierzynski to round out the squad at catcher. Pierzynsky isn't a bad choice at all, since he's hitting .327, but his 0.823 OPS pales to Posada's 0.924. That is a tremendous figure by a catcher and I believe the 2nd best in baseball behind the phenomenal Joe Mauer. Victor Martinez and Ivan Rodriguez have to be considered as well, but I think Posada deserves to be there and will likely miss out because of the fan voting for Varitek.
                            I agree that Joe Mauer is the best AL catcher.
                            In terms of avg
                            1 Mauer
                            2 Pierzynski
                            3 I-Rod
                            4 Posada
                            5 Martinez
                            9 Varitek

In terms of OPS
                            1 Mauer
                            2 Posada
                            3 Martinez
                            4 R Hernandez (Balt)
                            5 Pierzynski
                            6 Varitek

For second behind Mauer I would have either Posada or Martinez. Varitek should be no where near an All-Star appearance. That is the downfall of having fan voting. It is based on popularity not on the year's performance. I want to see players that are deserving to be in an All-Star game.

Comment

• I'm sorry.

Comment

• Wasn't it Proctor that gave up the 2-run triple to Ryan Howard? With Howard having all 7 RBI for the Phillies, then a RISP, why not just walk him? It would've saved the wear and tear on Mo. People tend to overlook the innings Mo works, as well as the consecutive days, but always focus on the end result when he fails.

Anyway, hopefully, Torre IBBs a few guys who can wallop the ball. Miggy Tejada has killed us all by himself at times, so when you've got a struggling reliever, a base open, 2 outs, you could save yourself a few runs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X