No announcement yet.

The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five games, and Mo still hasn't seen the mound. At least he'll be well rested.

Stinnett had 3 Ks today. Wasn't he supposed to be an upgrade over Flaherty?

So far this series, Giambi and A-Rod are a combined 0 for 14. Posada and Cano are both 1 for 8. Damon is 1 for 7. Tonight, the Yanks scored two runs, both on solo homers. On the bright side, they didn't leave many runners on base. Unfortunately, that's because they didn't have many runners. I can understand individual players going into slumps. However, it seems that they Yanks have developed a bad habit of going into team slumps. Of course, good pitching contributes, but this lineup shouldn't be shut down night after night, regardless of who's pitching. It's disgraceful. Every time Shields comes in, the Yanks should just conced the three outs.

Comment

Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan
      Five games, and Mo still hasn't seen the mound. At least he'll be well rested.

Stinnett had 3 Ks today. Wasn't he supposed to be an upgrade over Flaherty?

So far this series, Giambi and A-Rod are a combined 0 for 14. Posada and Cano are both 1 for 8. Damon is 1 for 7. Tonight, the Yanks scored two runs, both on solo homers. On the bright side, they didn't leave many runners on base. Unfortunately, that's because they didn't have many runners. I can understand individual players going into slumps. However, it seems that they Yanks have developed a bad habit of going into team slumps. Of course, good pitching contributes, but this lineup shouldn't be shut down night after night, regardless of who's pitching. It's disgraceful. Every time Shields comes in, the Yanks should just conced the three outs.
      The Yanks have had trouble for the Angels for Torre's entire tenure with the team. Even in '98 when the team was rolling, the Angels were still pesky.

I really think that having all the superstars on the team is having the opposite effect that it should have and that it's really just creating more pressure that just mounts as the losses pile on (like early last season). I think it's harder to relax and do their job when everyone is trying to play the role of the superstar and feels that it's their job to be the superstar (which is obviously more difficult when you're surrounded by 4 or 5 guys who feel the same and are stressing for the same).

The team has got to get rid of some of this veteran weight and bring in some younger talent that gives the team more ability in the field and options on the bases. I think this process starts with Giambi and Sheffield (I know, SD, you'd probably put A-Rod on that list, which is fine; the important thing is that we agree that there is a list and that some of these veterans have to go ).

Comment

Jesus H Man.....will someone jump start this offense already?!?!

ARod did have two very good ABs in his 3rd and 4th AB...but due to luck and good defense he came up empty.

Cano had himself a good game also.

I'm really impressed with Randy so far this season. He's come out much better than I expected. He pitched a great game with the exception of that one mistake pitch.
        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Did Frankensteinbrenner named a scapegoat already?

Comment

What was up with that head first slide into first on Satuday that I saw on Sportscenter? I forgot who did it, possible A-Rod, but it was a close play and he may have beaten the throw if he ran through first.

Oh wait, there are many people who somehow thinking that SLIDING make you go faster that running through the base. (Sarcasm off).

Well thank you for such a heads up play in helping the Angels keep the lead and winning the game.
            http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

I`m sorry it's my fault the Yankees lost. I only whached thefirst game and that is the only game they won. I promise to whatch today and combined with our hitters talent against Colon we should win. At least the pitchers are doing well and that was supposed to be the problem. A lot of these superstars are just great mistake hiters.I don`t know why you would trade A-Rod unless 26 year old Albert Pujols that does the same thing as A-Rod at 1st base is on the market I know you don`t want superstars but are you REALLY going to trade the AL MVP for a role player?
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Woohoo! Homerun Posada, Yankees 4 Angels 0!

Mussina is looking petty sharp. A-Rod with a deep shot to center, then a 3-run HR by Posada. Now Cano is up, lets see if that lazy bum can do some damage

(just kidding, I still like him)

EDIT: Base hit. 5 batters and none retired this inning. w00t.
                "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

Originally posted by mikesty
                  Woohoo! Homerun Posada, Yankees 4 Angels 0!

Mussina is looking petty sharp. A-Rod with a deep shot to center, then a 3-run HR by Posada. Now Cano is up, lets see if that lazy bum can do some damage

(just kidding, I still like him)

EDIT: Base hit. 5 batters and none retired this inning. w00t.
                  inning over and it looks like my theory is correct when I whatch they do well when I don`t well they don`t

Comment

Very good second inning, Mussina looks sharp on the mound while the offense seems on fire

Comment

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                      inning over and it looks like my theory is correct when I whatch they do well when I don`t well they don`t
                      Tell me where you live so I can come over an mess with your cable.
                      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                        Tell me where you live so I can come over an mess with your cable.
                        The Milky Way

Comment

Only problem is it doesn`t look like Rivera will pitch

Comment

well their goes the no hitter

Comment

I just want to remind everyone (including myself), that in '98, the Yankees started off 1-4 (actually started 0-3) and started with the Angels and A's. Geez, that was a fun season!

Comment

We're up 8-1 after A-Rod lead off the 2nd with a longball. Shows that his clutch-o-meter is doing fine, even if we've got a lot of runs. Remember, he started it (like we've often said in grade school)!

Moose's fastball is slow, and below the 92mph he usually works best at, according to Sterling. He just escaped a bases loaded, 2-out hit to about the track by the popular Tim Salmon, their longest-standing player. Matsui caught it.

If Posada can work with him to keep us in the game, we're in business. What I definitely don't want to see is Moose getting hit hard, then the Yankee offense shutting down. Crazy when we score lots of runs early, then the opposing team nibbles away at this. Hopefully, Mo's time to come in today, after a week off, won't be a save opportunity. Joe has already said something about Mo's pitching tonight regardless, according to Sterling.

Meanwhile, Chone Figgins continues to bedazzle Yankee pitching, going 1-for-2 so far, stealing 2B. How do we get rid of this guy?

On the positive, Posada has half of the RBI with a 3-run bomb in the 2nd and an RBI later on. Not bad.
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X