The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees rule
    Did Frankensteinbrenner named a scapegoat already?
    Yes, that would be runningshoes53!
    Originally posted by Bluesteve32
    What was up with that head first slide into first on Satuday that I saw on Sportscenter? I forgot who did it, possible A-Rod, but it was a close play and he may have beaten the throw if he ran through first.

Oh wait, there are many people who somehow thinking that SLIDING make you go faster that running through the base. (Sarcasm off).

Well thank you for such a heads up play in helping the Angels keep the lead and winning the game.
    Oh, you're so welcome. Now what would we do w/o Anaheim (Los Angeles?) fans here?
    Originally posted by runningshoes53
    Tell me where you live so I can come over an mess with your cable.
    On the other side of the moat.

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

HR posada. 9-1, posada 4 RBI 2HR
      "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
        On the other side of the moat.
        That's ok

I'll bring my magic beans.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
          That's ok

I'll bring my magic beans.
          Who cares? I'll get Jorge Posada to hit one over the top! it is fair ... it is far ... it is *GONE*! :gt

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=ja..._beanstalk.JPG
          Last edited by Mattingly; 04-09-2006, 02:11 PM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Need Matsui To Win MVP

Last year, A-Rod became the first Yankee to win the MVP as a third baseman. With that, the Yankees have had every position represented with an MVP award except left field...so if Matsui could win the MVP award, that would mean at least one MVP award for every position for the Yankees, including pitcher (Spud Chandler, 1943). Here are the MVPs by position:

1B: Gehrig, Mattingly
            2B: Joe Gordon
            SS: Phil Rizzuto
            3B: A-Rod
            C: Yogi Berra, Elston Howard, Thurman Munson
            CF: DiMaggio, Mantle
            RF: Ruth, Maris
            P: Spud Chandler

Comment

Proctor looked good and Rivera is warming up by the way Posada is 3 for 3
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Giambi's 1-for-2 with 3 walks, Cano's 3-for-5, Posada's 3-for-4, A-Rod's 3-for-5, Matsui's 2-for-5.

Bernie just came off the bench and got a hit, either replacing Giambi at DH or Damon at CF.

I just want Mo to have a clean game. 4-up, 3-down is fine by me, as I don't expect a 1-2-3 after a rusty week off.

According to Sterling, Torre said he'll be using Farnsworth and Sturtze alternately. Could be good, so long as Tanyon holds up his end of the bargain. If he's any good, he could become the alternate setup man.
                Last edited by Mattingly; 04-09-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to Tuesday's home opener, I'd like to see, at least just for the top of the 1st inning, Bernie play CF (have Damon in RF and Sheffield DH to start the game).

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
                    Looking forward to Tuesday's home opener, I'd like to see, at least just for the top of the 1st inning, Bernie play CF (have Damon in RF and Sheffield DH to start the game).
                    Try Damon in center and bernie in right by the way I might be going to the game Tuesday if we can get the tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                      Try Damon in center and bernie in right by the way I might be going to the game Tuesday if we can get the tickets.
                      You don't have much interest in history and tradition, I gather?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
                        You don't have much interest in history and tradition, I gather?
                        I do but not when we are in last place and 2-4.

Comment

I do but not when we are in last place and 2-4.
                          It's only the 7th game of the season, so it's not as if the Yankees are in dire straits. Plus, I'm only saying it should be for the first inning, so Bernie can be introduced as the starting CFer on opening day at Yankee Stadium for the 14th consecutive time and the bleacher creatures can give him his due during roll call. Bernie has earned this honor, it's a way of acknowledging all the great things he's done as a Yankee, and then the team can switch him to RF after the top of the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleX
                            It's only the 7th game of the season, so it's not as if the Yankees are in dire straits. Plus, I'm only saying it should be for the first inning, so Bernie can be introduced as the starting CFer on opening day at Yankee Stadium for the 14th consecutive time and the bleacher creatures can give him his due during roll call. Bernie has earned this honor, it's a way of acknowledging all the great things he's done as a Yankee, and then the team can switch him to RF after the top of the first.
                            Reasonable I guess and I know they generally have gotten of to slow starts in recent years but aren`t you the same person that critizized Torre for not bringing in Rivera in the 9th against the A's. Saying they need to play to win every game?

Comment

• Yankees at a glance
                              Standings
                              Boston
                              Tampa
                              Toronto
                              Baltimore
                              New York

Regulars OBP
                              Johnny Damon-379
                              Derek Jeter-464
                              Gary Sheffield-308
                              A-Rod-393
                              Matsui-444
                              Giambi-423
                              Posada-370
                              Williams-300
                              Cano-280

Comment

Reasonable I guess and I know they generally have gotten of to slow starts in recent years but aren`t you the same person that critizized Torre for not bringing in Rivera in the 9th against the A's. Saying they need to play to win every game?
                                I was, but this is an exception because A) It's just for the first inning, and B) Bernie has earned the honor.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X