No announcement yet.

The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we need a new thread: Is Jaret Wright the next Chuck Knoblauch?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandlot
      Maybe we need a new thread: Is Jaret Wright the next Chuck Knoblauch?
      :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy You're right, One Word: Flat

Though I feel the wheels turning our way, here's Damon up with 2 outs and a runner on.

Here's a single!!!!! Now the 2006 MVP is up. AND HE WALKS HIM!!!!!

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ugh, he's out. If only the other batters earlier in the inning hadden`t gotten out. At least we worked the count and we know Lopez's control is slipping. We should get him in the 6th. Now he's tired. Dotel looks good, 2 grounders.
      Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 08-17-2006, 11:55 AM.
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Bases loaded, Abreu up but can't deliver - Yanks down 7-2. "Flat" was not Wright's problem. "Lost" was. It's 3:08 a.m. in China and I can take no more. Do we have a stickie that means "sleep"?

Comment

Bases loaded, Abreu up but can't deliver - Yanks down 7-2. "Flat" was not Wright's problem. "Lost" was. It's 3:08 a.m. in China and I can take no more. Do we have a stickie that means "sleep"?
          I don`t think so. Another run allowed. But it's still early we could chip away and at least give Dotel and the new guy and Myers some work.

Comment

• I don't care how badly Wright stunk, you can't take him out before the 5th with a double header the next day. Absolutely positively no way. I'd take him giving up 15 runs by the 5th or 6th, just finish those innings and we'll scratch the rest of innings out.

Meanwhile, Boston rests and RSN must be very pleased tonight.

Thankfully, we weren't on the winning side of the blowout, as we'd have been flat as a pancake for Friday's game.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I say we'll split the double header and take 3 of 5 overall this weekend. What do others here think?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                I say we'll split the double header and take 3 of 5 overall this weekend. What do others here think?
                Well....a complete 5 game sweep would be nice!

Maybe that could be my BDay wish?
                "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                  I say we'll split the double header and take 3 of 5 overall this weekend. What do others here think?
                  I agree with post 1,342. I say we sweep the doubleheader and go for 2 out of 3 for the rest for a total of 4/5

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that Abreu has 2 strikes on him almost immediately in seemingly every AB? Maybe that's the reason his HR numbers are down. I know that he works the count well, but I would like to see him take some swings with less than 2 strikes.

Right now, this team is in the dumps. There's no way that they should lose 2 of 3 to the O's at home. I hope they snap out of it against the Sox, or it's gonna be a long weekend. Fortunately, the Sox aren't exactly playing like champs either. This may be a battle of attrition. Hopefully the Yanks can get their act together on Friday, and, for once, hit some of the pitchers that they haven't seen that often.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan
                      Has anyone else noticed that Abreu has 2 strikes on him almost immediately in seemingly every AB? Maybe that's the reason his HR numbers are down. I know that he works the count well, but I would like to see him take some swings with less than 2 strikes.
                      I've noticed the same thing. One of the knocks against Abreu is that he's too patient and takes too many pitches that he should probably be swinging at. It's almost as if he goes up there looking for walks.

Comment

• I'll take patience and walks and working the count any day. There are enough good bats on this club that runners should be scoring more often than they have been. NY will need to get into Boston's relievers as early as possible if anyone wants to dream of taking 4 out of 5. I think there's every likelihood that NY and Boston will finish this series tied for first, but if the Yanks come out with 3 of 5, they should thank their lucky stars. Of course, if the Sox can figure out how to hit pop-ups to 3rd on every at-bat, they might sweep the series. Let's all hope Tony gets his birthday wish -- and wish a happy birthday to him!

Comment

• I think that the Yanks will take 2 and the RedSox will take 3. These games are going to be high scroring games. The bullpens will be tested and the only sure thing in the Yankee pen is Mo. Farnsworth is going to have his troubles. Proctor might have some few bad and good games. Same for Villone. Myers is only there for Ortiz. Bruney and Dotel are unknowns at this point.

Comment

I'll take patience and walks and working the count any day. There are enough good bats on this club that runners should be scoring more often than they have been. NY will need to get into Boston's relievers as early as possible if anyone wants to dream of taking 4 out of 5. I think there's every likelihood that NY and Boston will finish this series tied for first, but if the Yanks come out with 3 of 5, they should thank their lucky stars. Of course, if the Sox can figure out how to hit pop-ups to 3rd on every at-bat, they might sweep the series. Let's all hope Tony gets his birthday wish -- and wish a happy birthday to him!
                            You know, Jeter was the one who got the error. Though you are right about the walks.

Originally posted by rustyray
                            I think that the Yanks will take 2 and the RedSox will take 3. These games are going to be high scroring games. The bullpens will be tested and the only sure thing in the Yankee pen is Mo. Farnsworth is going to have his troubles. Proctor might have some few bad and good games. Same for Villone. Myers is only there for Ortiz. Bruney and Dotel are unknowns at this point.
                            I`m looking at Yankees 4 and Boston 1. Though it could be anywhere from 2-4 wins. Look at the pitching matchups. Their is potential for a doubleheader sweep. Then we should win Unit versus Beckett which is 3 and then I figure we`ll win either Wells versus Lidle or Mussina versus Schilling but not both. Of course the last wo I mentioned are both coin flips really with how close they are so we could easily split the doubleheader and lose those two or split the doubleheader and win 1 of those two. We should win the Unit versus Beckett matchup though, we really should. A tired yankees bullpen is still better than a rested Boston bullpen by the way so we have an edge their. Watch Wang carefully though today, he has trouble on the road and Fenway is going to be crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                              You know, Jeter was the one who got the error. Though you are right about the walks.
                              Not to start on this again, but the official scorer at Yankee Stadium has been very kind to A-Rod recently. Over the weekend, there was a ground ball to third that dropped out of his glove, and the OS gave a hit to the batter. Later, A-Rod got a gift hit on a relatively routine grounder to the SS that was flat out mis-played. I didn't see the play yesterday, but Sterling made it sound as if A-Rod dropped the ball. I'm surprised to hear that Jeter got the E.

As far as Abreu is concerned, I think that it's easier to work the count if he doesn't start out 1-2 or 0-2. I think that pitchers know to throw him strikes early in the AB. Watch him this weekend, and see how many times he puts the ball in play with less than 2 strikes. I too like to see people get on base and work the count, but there are times when I would like to see at least the threat of power from the 3 hole.

Comment

I'll take patience and walks and working the count any day. There are enough good bats on this club that runners should be scoring more often than they have been. NY will need to get into Boston's relievers as early as possible if anyone wants to dream of taking 4 out of 5. I think there's every likelihood that NY and Boston will finish this series tied for first, but if the Yanks come out with 3 of 5, they should thank their lucky stars. Of course, if the Sox can figure out how to hit pop-ups to 3rd on every at-bat, they might sweep the series. Let's all hope Tony gets his birthday wish -- and wish a happy birthday to him!

Hehe...thank you, thank you!

But to take at least 4 of the 5 would make a damn fine Birthday wish!
                                "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X