The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleX
    I think the team has to cut Ponson. They really cannot justify sending him out there in any situation. They'd be much better served calling someone up.
    You're right about that. Wright isn`t horrible. He just had a bad start.

Upon further thought all the pressure is on the Yankees in this game
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
      You're right about that. Wright isn`t horrible. He just had a bad start.

Upon further thought all the pressure is on the Yankees in this game
      I think that Wright is salvagable. He's given us a few more than one or two good games. 5 innings, 1 run--even 3 runs last night would've been huge. Instead, Ponson coughed it up big and just folded. Can't have that.

Ponson's only saving grace may be the minors. If he can build up his stamina, confidence, throw his stuff (rather than blowing games), he may be worth something. If not, then it'll be in AA or AAA, not the big club.

As to tonight, I think if we lose something like 5-4, it wouldn't be so bad. If we get shelled, that would be pretty bad. I believe that the pressure is on both teams. If we win, especially in their house, we can say "BOO-YAAAA" to that. If they win, they've gotten 1/2 as many wins in this series as us, but like a moral victory thing, in that it's not a sweep. They can also look into Sunday's game confidently.

I have no idea how people scored 25 runs after the 16-run Game 1, but stuff happens. Some things are less easy to figure out than others.

May Unit's back be in good shape today and Becket be his old self.

With Moose, he will need to pitch his A+ game to beat Schill. While I'm not enamored with Schill personally, he's still got lots of stuff left.

The Boomer game I'm not too sure about. He's managed to come back well against us, even when we presume he's ready to tank. He's often in poor shape but still manages to "bring it" when his doubters are swarming like vultures. That's like an intangible with that guy. I'd take him any day over Ponson.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Looks like the Yanks just let Beckett off the hook in the 1st inning. I hope this isn't one of those games where the starting pitcher gets it together, and then doesn't allow a baserunner for the next 6 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan
          Looks like the Yanks just let Beckett off the hook in the 1st inning. I hope this isn't one of those games where the starting pitcher gets it together, and then doesn't allow a baserunner for the next 6 innings.
          That DP on the 2-1 pitch when Beckett couldn't find the plate was ridiculous. I'll spare the thoughts.

Anyway, Sidney Ponson was DFA'd.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• What a way to mess up a no hitter--walk, walk, homerun, tie game. And then single, single.
            And now gameday says this:
            Pitch 1 - Ball
            Pitch 2 - Foul
            Pitch 3 - In play, run-scoring play
            Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
            Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees
              What a way to mess up a no hitter--walk, walk, homerun, tie game. And then single, single.
              Pitch 1 - Ball
              Pitch 2 - Foul
              Do you have a TV? The game is on Fox
              "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• Tough inning in the 4th, has anybody noticed that Jeter has been trying to pull the ball more and therefore has been slumping. He just grounded out by douing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees
                  What a way to mess up a no hitter--walk, walk, homerun, tie game. And then single, single.
                  Pitch 1 - Ball
                  Pitch 2 - Foul
                  True irony. My brother said the magic words as well to jinx them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikesty
                    Do you have a TV? The game is on Fox
                    Yeah, but I have a bunch of email and such to wade through, so gameday and/or gameday audio work better for me at the moment.

Comment

• Hip-Hip ... Jorge!

Stolen base, beat out a DP after Cano took out Loretta (cleanly) at 2B, 3-run triple. Had he scored that run (Bernie grounded out), I would've fainted.

Jorge en fuego!

Comment

• Well here's Wright to pitch the 8th and presumably the 9th as well.

Comment

• The Boston Massacre Continues

What a series so far. 39 runs, 44 hits!

Today the Yankees became the first team in history to score 12 or more runs against the Sox at Fenway Park in 3 straight games. Why stop?

Comment

• wow

In the second game i went to sleep at the score 7-5 sox in the 7th or 8th and when i woke up i saw the score i couldnt believe it
                            "It's deja vu all over again!"
                            -Yogi Berra-

Comment

• Well I went to take my MCAT over the weekend, so I missed the first three games of the series. And when I came back, I saw the scores. Jesus Christ! 30 runs in 3 games?

I can safely say that: our offense is much better, our bullpen is better, and our starting pitching is better. We should cruise to the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
                                Well I went to take my MCAT over the weekend, so I missed the first three games of the series. And when I came back, I saw the scores. Jesus Christ! 30 runs in 3 games?

I can safely say that: our offense is much better, our bullpen is better, and our starting pitching is better. We should cruise to the division.
                                I don't know about the pitching, as it has struggled throughout the series. It has had great spots, but also bad ones (and lots of blown leads).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X