No announcement yet.

The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mussina is struggling, too, although at least he is keeping his pitch count relatively low...
    Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
    Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

• Tie game now.

Comment

• Giambi's tater made it 3-2, now it's a 3-3 tie, and I think Mussina could be hurt. Please don't be hurt Moose...please don't....

Comment

• Moose out (groin), Villone in...

Comment

• Villoner's in, I'd go watch the game if I wasn't so preoccupied with listening to some Manfred Mann. Plus I'd have to fight for control of the TV.
            "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• I think that Mussina has lost his 20 win bid after tonight...

Comment

• Ever get the feeling Mussina is soft?

I'd never imagine Clemens leaving the game due to a "sore groin". You'd have to break his legs and drag him off the field.

Comment

• I'm personally getting tired of A-rod's inability to drive in a run with a guy on 3rd less than 2 outs. What's the deal? All he has to do is put the ball in play semisolidly.

Comment

• Two more innings to get a tying run---Timlin is throwing the the 'pen, which could be good news; the last time he faced the Yankees (18th), he gave up 4 earned runs in .2 innings.

Comment

• I question Torre's decision to bat cano 6th. He may bat 330, but he doesn't walk that much, and he doesnt hit for power. Cano's a really good hitter, but he's not a 6 batter. This hurt us today, with his meek AB against papelbon with the bases loaded and 1 out (struck out in 4 pitches, never really had a chance).

It sucks, because Giambi crushed that ball and missed a grand slam by a foot. The walk to A-rod turned out to be a good thing for the Sox, because Cano and Posada had no chance of turning on papelbon's fastball.

Technically not over yet, but with melky, nick green, and damon up in the 9th, I'm not optimistic.

Comment

• Well, if Damon can get it out of the infield, it's a tie game.

Where would you rather have Cano hit? Posada is no better, especially this month, so maybe Cabrera/Cano/Posada?

2 outs, need a hit...

Comment

• When a BS isn't BS---YES!!!

Comment

• O Captain My Captain

Way to go Jeter! 5-5

Comment

• Cano hits for a high average and has decent speed. Since we have damon and jeter at the top, I'd rather see cano batting 9th, it makes the lineup more continous.

But I'll admit that Posada batting 6th isnt that much better. I was probably just frusrtated from cano's poor ab, but Torre didn't have many options.

GREAT HIT by Jeter. That's why he's the MVP - he does what Ortiz does, and he plays gold glove shortstop.

Comment

• "The crowd's booing. How stupid can they be"
                                --Refering to Rivera's IBB of Ramirez

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X