No announcement yet.

The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your fans would boo to if one of your players was being intentionally walked so why are you calling the Sox fans stupid? You must be stupid if you think the people at Yankee Stadium wouldn't do the same in that situation.

Comment

• They gave Ortiz a double on what was clearly an error by Giambi. Are they trying to juice up his slugging percentage to give him MVP?

Comment

• Reed Johnson--That was a quote by the John Sterling that I found interesting (as in surprised he would say it), it's not from me.

ssbguyincognito, do you remember in the 04 ALCS when an error was given to Jeter for knocking down the ball? It seems that Boston feels like playing with the scoring again.
        Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
        Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

• The Captain ties it! Giambi and Posado homered in the 10th, 8-5 Yanks! It's now up to MO!
          It is not the 27 World Championships that drive the Yankees and their fans... IT IS THE 28th!!!!

Comment

• There's not much I like to remembr about the 04 ALCS, but yeah, that sounds familiar.

They really need to change Ortiz's double to an error. Anyone who sees that and calls that a double, I am going to punch.

It's a trivial matter though, we won the game, in maybe the craziest way I could have imagined.

I saw on ESPN that Craig Hansen grew up a lifelong Yankee fan because hsi dad and uncle were (he lived in Long Island). Maybe he's helping us? I always thought Tom Gordon helped the Sox beacuse of his former ties to the team. Its the only reason why they would always come back against him.

Comment

• Despite my spite for the big man (check my avatar even), i'll say that was definitely a hit and not an error. That one was a SCORCHER. They gave Damon a hit on the stinky play by Loretta.
              "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees
                Reed Johnson--That was a quote by the John Sterling that I found interesting (as in surprised he would say it), it's not from me.

ssbguyincognito, do you remember in the 04 ALCS when an error was given to Jeter for knocking down the ball? It seems that Boston feels like playing with the scoring again.
                Oh sorry but you would have to think Yankee fans would react the same in that same situation.

Comment

• Going for the Sweep!

8-5 win (10)

Finally got to the bullpen. Giambi and Posada came through with some timely HRs in the 10th. Glad we won it in the 10th and it didn't go any longer.

Comment

• What was Mussina's line? I really hope he isn`t injured.

Oh okay, it was 4 IP 3 runs. Not great not great at all. Impressive by the bullpen by the way. Once again Rivera displayed his dominanvce over each and every other player in the profession by going to shutout innings for the win
                    Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 08-21-2006, 03:57 AM.
                    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Can't believe the Yanks won. I thought Sterling was going to blow a throat gasket after Boston's final out. To be fair, until the 9th, Boston deserved to win. A tough break for Schilling, who's a real battler. If Crisp could have held onto the ball when he hit the wall, it's a different game. Torre managed the order well. At first, I thought DHing A-rod was weird, but by the end, A-rod was at 3rd base and Mo was hitting (if I remember right) in the 3-spot -- meaning eight guys could come to the plate before he would, which was perfect. Posada's performance really pointed up, in a way, what not having Varitek means to the Sox. NY's lineup also underlined what it means to Boston not to have a left-handed reliever. Never expected 4/5. Brooms, anyone?

Comment

• We are so fortunate to get that win. Damon cooled down to 1-for-5, but his presence still inspired the crowd. Once again, Posada drives in 3 runs with a mighty swipe of the bat.

I have no idea how Jeter got a piece of that ball. It's like he willed it into a hit.

Melky essentially won the game for us. Papelbon, had he been used to start the 8th, would've saved the game, I believe. 2 runs off him would've taken a lot more than normal. He blew the save after the Jeter 2-ou single, after Melky's leadoff double, then the WP brought him to 3B. His pitches seemed to not all be hitting the strike zone, but he'd gotten a Damon and Abreu to chase.

How does a catcher provide such offense to win 2 games for us like that? He's now even running relatively well.

Please, let's not jinx them by saying the "sw**p" word or the "br**m" thing.
                        Originally posted by Reed Johnson
                        Your fans would boo to if one of your players was being intentionally walked so why are you calling the Sox fans stupid? You must be stupid if you think the people at Yankee Stadium wouldn't do the same in that situation.
                        Who exactly and you calling stupid here? And why would you even do this?
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
                          There's not much I like to remembr about the 04 ALCS, but yeah, that sounds familiar.

They really need to change Ortiz's double to an error. Anyone who sees that and calls that a double, I am going to punch.

It's a trivial matter though, we won the game, in maybe the craziest way I could have imagined.

I saw on ESPN that Craig Hansen grew up a lifelong Yankee fan because hsi dad and uncle were (he lived in Long Island). Maybe he's helping us? I always thought Tom Gordon helped the Sox beacuse of his former ties to the team. Its the only reason why they would always come back against him.
                          each post in more rediculous than the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees
                            Reed Johnson--That was a quote by the John Sterling that I found interesting (as in surprised he would say it), it's not from me.
                            Sterling not only said it, he repeated it. It's as if in decades of watching baseball at every level, it's never occurred to him that paying fans sometimes boo after a home team player walks because they want to see their best hitters swing at the ball, not meander down to first -- even if the walk might be the right strategic move or prove productive later. And they want to suggest to the opposing team/pitcher that walking their player bespeaks a lack of courage. Nothing stupid about that. It's usually pretty half-hearted booing anyway.

Comment

• Who else thinks the Red Sox will defeat us quite soundly when they come to New York in mid-September?

I think we're going to get swept and left in the standing's dust.
                              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Uh oh, Green and Cano just had a misplay now instead of 1st and 2 outs we have 1s and 2nd and 1 out, Lidle has a high pitch count and we're in a bit of trouble we need a GB double play. We can`t afford a run here, Lidle's control is slipping and we're in trouble if we lose the game it will be this inning

Well A-Rod got the force out now it's 1st and second 2 outs when the inning should be over
                                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X