The Season: 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by runningshoes
    Who else thinks the Red Sox will defeat us quite soundly when they come to New York in mid-September?

I think we're going to get swept and left in the standing's dust.
    Nah, don`t be ridiculous I can`t believe your in denial!!!! I hope you like your new signature and avatar
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• I am convinced that Scott Proctor has a twin brother we don't know about. One shows up and does 2 innings and the rest does the other 2 innings.

Now then, who pitches the 9th? Mo (after 2 innings yesterday)? Or do we forfeit?

With ex-Yankee farmhand Wily Mo Pena's HR, it's now a 2-1 game. If Mo doesn't go 1-2-3, we've got Ortiz up with a 1-run lead. Not a good thought, but I do hope we get some insurance runs in the 9th.
      Originally posted by runningshoes
      Who else thinks the Red Sox will defeat us quite soundly when they come to New York in mid-September?

I think we're going to get swept and left in the standing's dust.
      Since when did you become a Yankee fan? I seem to remember you sporting some Beantown red stuff on you.
      Last edited by Mattingly; 08-21-2006, 12:46 PM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• PWNED.

Couldn't resist.
        "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

Comment

• Hahahaha!!!

My BDay wish came true! All FIVE GAMES!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA
          "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• Originally posted by mikesty
            PWNED.

Couldn't resist.
            Huh? Can't figure this one out. PWNED? What do you mean with that?

Comment

• It means the same thing as "Owned"

Nobody could have predicted a 5 game sweep in fenway. we outhit them, outpiched, and outran them.

Coco Crisp went 1 for 19 in the series. I bet Red Sox fans aren't too happy about Damon's replacement, considering how Damon did against the Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                Since when did you become a Yankee fan? I seem to remember you sporting some Beantown red stuff on you.
                I think he lost a bet

Anyway, i`m not counting them out yet. If we're l;eading the division sunstantially after this tough, 28 game stretch I`ll call Boston virtually done
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

"I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                  Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Scott Proctor has got to get the award for going out there almost every day for an inning or two and failing very infrequently. He gives up a big hiccup and we lost that game. He's been the backbone of that Yankee bullpen the past few days. No bridge to Mo if he doesn't hold it steady. This despite his arm seemingly about to fall off. This after having pitched about the most innings of any reliever this season so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...?playerId=5810

3.0 innings in 2 days, 1 day's rest, another 1.2 innings the next day and 1.1 innings today. That's 6.0 innings over 5 days with only the middle day for rest. Amazing! Even moreso, in all this time, he only allowed 1 ER, which is Wily Mo's HR in the 8th today.

Damon came up huge, Posada gave us some key runs that put us over the top, Giambi smacked a pair of dingers yesterday, Abreu's patience played off, Melky and Cano did their parts both offensively and defensively, and A-Rod still wasn't so bad.

Mo came through when we needed him and Farns did his job this afternoon, earning the 1-out save, getting the 1-2-3 and avoiding Ortiz, who was on deck.

Great team performance. When all cylinders are clicking and we can win like this using pitching, offense, defense, baserunning, I say we're in business.

YANKEEEEEEEEEEE BASEBALL!

BOOM, BOOM ... BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Either you lost a bet or you're sporting some reverse mojo on us. Fess up, dude, honesty's good for ya!

Comment

Either you lost a bet or you're sporting some reverse mojo on us. Fess up, dude, honesty's good for ya!
                        I'll just keep you guessing.
                        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I'll just keep you guessing.
                          Yeah, well in my book (still unpublished, of course), leopards don't change their spots and tigers don't change their stripes. Those that do aren't to be trusted. It's that simple.

Let's see how long before you revert to your chowda-eatin' ways.

Comment

• The best part was Torre saw this as a give-away game. He benched Damon, Giambi, and Posada, replacing them with Sal Fasano, Bernie Williams, and Craig Wilson -- all automatic outs. He also refused to use Rivera, going instead with the wild but good Farnsworth. And he put Green at SS, DHing Jeter.

And we still won. You know the Red Sox are bad when Torre is basically giving a game away to give his guys rest and they still lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssbguyincognito
                              The best part was Torre saw this as a give-away game. He benched Damon, Giambi, and Posada, replacing them with Sal Fasano, Bernie Williams, and Craig Wilson -- all automatic outs. He also refused to use Rivera, going instead with the wild but good Farnsworth. And he put Green at SS, DHing Jeter.

And we still won. You know the Red Sox are bad when Torre is basically giving a game away to give his guys rest and they still lose.
                              I consider those benchings to be necessary evils. Our boys still haven't gotten a day off and fly out to Seattle to play on Tuesday. Next day off: next Monday. :o

Since A-Rod was put as DH yesterday with the versatile Nick Green as 3B (likely a "wink-wink" thing so Moose wouldn't get upset), Jeter played SS. Now they reversed and Jeter is the DH. I think it's a wise way of resting your staff and letting almost everyone still play: resting while remaining fresh.

I'm still surprised that Scott Proctor even went to the mound other than to see how high it was. You'd think that guy would be in a cast by now. He brought it and kept on bringing it. I could never fault him for the HR given up to Wily Mo Pena. He's done so much for us that there's no way we're letting him go until he can't pitch anymore.

Ron Villone was great also, and Mike Myers struck out David Ortiz on 3 strikes in the 7th. Good morning, good afternoon and good night!

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]
                              David Ortiz: Mike Myers relieved Octavio Dotel, Pickoff attempt, Pickoff attempt, Foul, Strike looking, Pickoff attempt, Ortiz struck out swinging.

Comment

Yeah, well in my book (still unpublished, of course), leopards don't change their spots and tigers don't change their stripes. Those that do aren't to be trusted. It's that simple.

Let's see how long before you revert to your chowda-eatin' ways.
                                You'll have to put up with me for six more days.

I don't make the rules, I just make them.
                                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X