Down on the Farm: 2012 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggtone23 View Post
    Can't be the Clippers because the Columbus Clippers still exist, they are just affiliated with the Indians now instead of the Yankees. Baby Ruth's would be interesting but the article I lifted the info for the early post was saying that part of the reason they want to change the name is because the team is in an area that doesnt really like the Yankees, its more of Phillies country in eastern PA. Plus I'm sure Mars or whoever makes the candy bar would want a nice bit of cash for using the name.

Campos is hurt and was only pitching at low A so even if he was healthy theres just about no way he would have been up at all this season. Manny Banuelos is 0-2, with a 3.15 ERA and 17 Ks after 5 starts in AAA. Dellin Betances has made 7 starts is 2-2 with a 5.20 ERA and 28 Ks. Adam Warren is pitching a little better same record of 2-2 ERA of 4.58 and 25 Ks.
    Thanks. Still don't like "Red Barons" and would still pay Mars for "Baby Ruths". They should have move the team to within Yankee territory. When there is a prospect fans (or a player coming back) will travel to see him play. I am in BoSox territory and would drive to Pawtucket (Portland is their AA) to see a player. I think Campos was in AJ trade so it was a chance but I really am hoping the Killer B's do better. Still bummed out with Pineda because there was a rumor about his arm.

Comment

Scranton is Ny territory. Just as close to Ny as Philly. Quicker to get to from my in-laws in upstate Ny than from my family in the Lehigh Valley.

I don't know why they did not just play this season at skylands. Would not be surprised if the Mets blocked it like they did Newark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

AAA first baseman Steve Pearce has been sold to the Orioles. He was hitting .321 with 11 homers in the minors this year.
        Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

AAA first baseman Steve Pearce has been sold to the Orioles. He was hitting .321 with 11 homers in the minors this year.
          He opted out. Disappointing but not surprising.

Comment

Jebeezus!

Been outta the loop this season with personal stuff, so pardon me if I'm late to the party.
            Anyone check out the season that Tyler Austin is having? Anyone have any info on him?
            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

http://ballparkdigest.com/2012062150...test-announced

The AAA team will have a new name next year.

Comment

Tyler Austin will play for the US Team in this years Future's Game. The World team will be managed by Bernie Williams.

Down in the South Atlantic League, the Charleston River Dogs hosted the All-Star game and sent catchers Gary Sanchez & Francisco Arcia, Outfielders Tyler Austin and Mason Williams and pitchers Pedro Guerra and Bryan Mitchell as well as the whole coaching staff to the game. The South Division, which Charleston plays in, lost the game 3-2. Austin went 1-4 with a triple and a run scored, Sanchez and Arcia each went 1-2 with a Arcia picking up an RBI. Williams went 0-2. Mitchell went 1 inning and was perfect, Guerra only faced one batter and struck him out.

In the Florida State League the game was in Port Charlotte. The Tampa Yankees were represented by pitcher Mark Montgomery, catcher JR Murphy and OF Rob Segedin. This time we're rooting for the North Division, but they lost again. Murphy went 0-1, Segedin 0-3 and Montgomery went pitched 2 thirds of an inning gave up 3 runs on 1 hit and 3 walks.

The Triple A All-Star game will be on July 11th in Buffalo, NY the AA Eastern League game will also be on the 11th in Reading, PA and the SSA New York Penn League game will be on August 14 in Niles (Mahoning Valley), OH.

Comment

Why have we not called up Chris Dickerson????

CF Chris Dickerson: 3-5, 1 R, 1 3B, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K — six hits in his last 11 at-bats (.545) with a double, two triples, and a homer

The guy is a good LH hitter and a good defender capable of playing all 3 OF spots. We have Wise on the roster (not that he has played poorly). We are considering trading for Victorino when we have something likely better wasting in AAA??

Comment

In the Eastern League All-Star Game the Trenton Thunder sent Abe Almonte, Cody Johnson, Kevin Mahoney, Brett Marshall and Kelvin Perez to the Eastern Division team. The East won the game 5-4 with a walk off single by Binghamton Met Eric Campbell. Mahoney went 1-3, Marshall got the start and pitched 2 innings giving up 1 run on 3 hits, Perez gave up 2 hits in 1 inning but no runs. Almonte and Johnson didn't play.

In the AAA All-Star Game the Empire State Yankees/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees only sent Juan Cedeno to the game. He pitched 1 perfect inning but the IL lost 3-0 to the PCL.

Comment

CF Chris Dickerson: 4-6, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI — 17 hits in his last 40 at-bats (.425) with three doubles, three triples, four homers, seven walks, and five strikeouts

Also David Adams took grounders at 3rd.

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/07/dic...20/#more-72820

Comment

FYI: Manny Banuelos has been shut down for the season! No surgery is scheduled, but it's being done as a precaution.
                        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

http://ballparkdigest.com/2012062150...test-announced

The AAA team will have a new name next year.
                          The six finalists for the new name of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre team for next year are: Blast, Black Diamond Bears, Fireflies, RailRiders, Porcupines and Trolley Frogs.

I hate them all.

Comment

The six finalists for the new name of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre team for next year are: Blast, Black Diamond Bears, Fireflies, RailRiders, Porcupines and Trolley Frogs.

I hate them all.
                            Railriders is not horrible.

Comment

The Yankees and the Trenton Thunder have signed a Player Development Contract extension that will last until 2022.

Comment

The first three Yankees heading to this years Arizona Fall League have been announced as C Austin Romine, 2B David Adams and OF Slade Heathcott. Four pitchers will be named later on. The 7 players will be on the Scottsdale Scorpions who will be managed by Carlos Mendoza, the manager of the Charleston River Dogs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X