The Season: 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Season: 2012

Opening day is here again..I love this game!!!

New year, new faces, same mission! Yanks should open up as the favorite not just for the division, but to win it all. They will their nemesis Red Sox battling them all season long, the upstart Rays waiting their turn and now even the Blue Jays seemed poised to become relevant again.

Will Robinson Cano hit .350 as Terry Francono predicts? Will ARod bounce back to 30HR/100RBI's again? Will Tex continue his downward spiral or will he hit to all fields as he says he will go back to? When will we see Pineda again? Is Hughes back to his 2009 form? Is this really the last of Mo? Many questions to be answered once again and I look forward to each and every day!

Let the discussions begin...

"After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Girardi overmanaging.

Comment

Girardi is an idiot. That decision was horrible before the fact and after the fact.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Can someone help me out....why the hell would you walk Rodriguez, a career .225 hitter with no pop to face a dangerous power threat who walks?!
        I know it's just Game 1, but that just doesn't make any sense at all. Even Grady Little would have faced Rodriguez over Pena. *SMH*
        "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Wow...Gardner quickly cuts off that shot and a great throw and then tag gets Jennings.

Comment

It only took less than an inning this time!
            Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

The BP doing its thing, so far.

Comment

Bad omen..... CC struggles and Mo blows a save on Opening Day.....

Comment

Whatever. Rays are a good team and CC got creamed by Indians on our home opener once.

No biggie. One win is all I ask for this series.

Comment

both teams pitchers got hammered quite hard. could have been even more runs since both teams stranded runners on third several times.

I would have imagine this to be more of a pitchers duell but it's early in the season. doesn't mean a lot.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

A little early to say this one hurt but....with the lead going to Mo and against likely our stiffest competition in the division. It at least stings to lose this one.

Comment

Apparently what Girardi was thinking in walking Rodriguez was that Pena had been 4 for 35 in his career against Sabathia entering yesterday. I still agree that it was a bad decision, though. I'd much rather face an unproven Rodriguez with two on and two out than the guy with 250+ career homers and the bases loaded. Sometimes, the numbers do lie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                          Apparently what Girardi was thinking in walking Rodriguez was that Pena had been 4 for 35 in his career against Sabathia entering yesterday. I still agree that it was a bad decision, though. I'd much rather face an unproven Rodriguez with two on and two out than the guy with 250+ career homers and the bases loaded. Sometimes, the numbers do lie.
                          Numbers didn't lie. Girardi just couldn't understand them. Small sample sizes rarely tells you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
                            Numbers didn't lie. Girardi just couldn't understand them. Small sample sizes rarely tells you anything.
                            well I wouldn't call that small sample size. 35 is not a lot but it's generally known that pena cannot hit LHP well. his OPS+ is more than .150 points lower against lefties than righties. he is also a guy that can hit a HR but also strikes out a lot. in another occasion he struck out with runner on third/less than 2 outs.

so trying to pitch to an extremely high strikingg out guy in a lefty on lefty matchup is not the dumbest idea.
                            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Nunez can't even get one throw into the season before he commits an error.....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X