No announcement yet.

The Season: 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to judge an injury just from looking at the injured person's reaction, but he looked to be in much pain and I would be surprised if he is out for only 15 days.

Comment

• When is this gonna end? Just when.

This team is pathetic.

Comment

• 4 runs in the last 4 games. Pathetic is right. Amazing that we were able to win one of them.
        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
        2. Barry Bonds
        3. Ty Cobb
        4. Ted Williams
        5. Willie Mays
        6. Alex Rodriguez
        7. Hank Aaron
        8. Honus Wagner
        9. Lou Gehrig
        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• I hate this team, I really hate this team.

No heart no clutch. No playoffs.

Comment

• Screw the playoffs. Mo has a torn ACL. He's most likely out for the season and probably will announce his retirement soon( if he did intend to retire after this season).

Comment

• Wow this rollercoster of a ride for the yanks keeps getting worse and worse.
              All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. -Unknown

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• that's not cool with Mo. They already have a good replacement in robertson but losing one of the biggest yankee stars like this really sucks.
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                  Looks like he just landed wrong and twisted the leg/knee. I don't expect anything major maybe a stint on the 15 day DL, but then again at Mo's age who knows what could come out of this. I am not so much worried about who will take over for Mo during his absence thanks to Robertson being so dominant. It puts Soriano in for the 8th, but who else will create the bridge to D-Rob?
                  I know others will disagree. But I want Soriano as the Closer.

Robertson is too valuable to be pigeon-holed like that and too useful to get big outs.

Also, having anyone replace Mo is a recipe for failure. Rather let Soriano be that failure and let Robertson replace him. Then there is cost. A good 3/4 season as closer might get Soriano's value high enough that he walks after the season. even if not, it will at least keep Robertson's value manageable through arbitration.

It's not fair to Robertson, but make Soriano the Closer.

Comment

• Purely hypothetical situation:

Robertson gets the closer job and is beyond brilliant. He has 45 saves in 46 chances, and an ERA of 1.36. After the season, Mo wants a 1 year contract to return as our closer. Do you take the chance on him?

Of course, I take that chance. I have always believed certain Yankees are above the rest, and are owed something by the team. I would be very interested in other opinions though.
                    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

• Of course we go with Mo. Why not? After Mo is done Robertson can close.

Thats assuming Robertson does well. I mean I see no reason why he shouldnt though.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                        Of course we go with Mo. Why not? After Mo is done Robertson can close.

Thats assuming Robertson does well. I mean I see no reason why he shouldnt though.
                        I'm with you 100%.

Comment

• Nice game, CC looked sharp and Jeter got two more hits, including a HR. You can't even sit him and rest him up at this point. Or can you?

Comment

• Apparently this kid isn't a Girardi fan.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_21159115&v=3

Comment

• I'm really surprised that Mo isn't announcing his retirement. I thought that he would say that it was going to be his last year anyway and that the injury was God's way of saying that it was time to go now.
                              Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                                I'm really surprised that Mo isn't announcing his retirement. I thought that he would say that it was going to be his last year anyway and that the injury was God's way of saying that it was time to go now.
                                Why would you be surprised? The way Mo has always carried himself, I knew he would never go out like this.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X