Pineda-Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineda-Saga

Traded to the Yankees for star prospect Jesus Montero, sucked in ST, almost immediately is injured and out for the year, and now is arrested for DUI charges.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...ce=twitterfeed

good thing Montero isnt doing much neither.

Comment

Ah Dale Mabry Highway I used to have to walk across that on my way to work and school when I went to the University of Tampa. This is the same road where Darryl Strawberry, Mark Newman, Stephen Swindall and I'm sure others have been hit with DW/UI charges in the past.
      Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

Tremendous talent but who knows if it will ever come to fruition at this rate...

And no, Montero is not doing great but as he is still young and he is not horrible this season posting a 97 OPS+ at Catcher/DH

He is currently hitting .344/.394/.544 against LHP but only hitting .222 against RHP. If he can even hit a measly .250-.260 against RHP, he would be quite decent. Heck, this is still his first full season so I will give him a little time to improve.

Comment

I dont think DECENT is what Seattle was looking for though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Korean View Post
            When you compare him to Martin, you'd have to say he's doing well. How long are they going to continue with someone who is hitting under .200??
            Last edited by apbaball; 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I dont think DECENT is what Seattle was looking for though.
              It is only his 2nd year in the league and his first full season, so not putting too much into it. I will give him a couple years at least. Sure, I wish everyone would be at their best immediately once in the league but it is not how it happens. He still has time to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post
                It is only his 2nd year in the league and his first full season, so not putting too much into it. I will give him a couple years at least. Sure, I wish everyone would be at their best immediately once in the league but it is not how it happens. He still has time to get it done.
                Pineda can turn it around as well too. Maybe.

So the trade is still yet to be determined, Except that Hector Noesi sucks.

Comment

Yes on Noesi...

Montero can pretty much just improve upon what he has so far, Pineda has to be able to come back from injury first before he can do anything else. He still can do it he just has further to go to get there.

Comment

Montero has to hit in an utterly homerun hostile field though.

Comment

He still has to learn to hit at Safeco. He is hitting .323 on the road but only .197 at home!

Comment

Isnt every else on that team hitting better on the road?

No one can learn to hit HR at Safeco. Its just harder to hit it out, and Montero is a power hitter.

I dont understand why teams like Seattle build such a huge stadium. Chicks dig Home runs, fans dig home runs. Smaller markets especially ( Seattle obviously isnt) need fans. Not saying build a bandbox but build a reasonable ballpark with better chance to get the ball out.

Comment

What I think they should do (and should have done years ago) is move 1 (one) fence in, maybe just along the RF Line, just to give one area where batters can aim for a chance at an easier HR. I still like the big wide field, but yes, something should be done. The M's have not had a 20 HR hitter in couple years... that is sad.

Comment

He's not on the DL, so he's progressing every game!
                            "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X