2013 Yankees Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
    He gets clients signed before FA? I read that Cano is his first client.
    Cano is the first Client for Jay's Roc Nation Sports wing. But the Sport division is partnered with CAA, one of the top Hollywood Agencies, who have plenty of experience in contract negotiations.

Jay Z is just the face of the company.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

5 out of 6 previous World Series champs lost their season opening game. Hope.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Alex Rodriguez coming back after the All-Star break and having a great second half of the season.

Comment

So should we start the Titanic sinking progression? Kuroda taken out due to possible injury.....

Comment

Originally posted by quagmire View Post
            So should we start the Titanic sinking progression? Kuroda taken out due to possible injury.....
            This season was a lost cause before it it started. We need to go into rebuilding mode.
            My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
              This season was a lost cause before it it started. We need to go into rebuilding mode.
              We agree. Wow.

I'm giving the Yanks a pass this season. I'm going to enjoy the season as best possible, watch it play, but the reality is that this team is severely flawed and ancient.

The Yanks should have hit that reset button before Boston by shipping Tex, Granderson, Ivan Nova and money to LA last season. I would have taken Dee Gordon and a bag of cotton candy in return.

I will admit that I am pleased with the 5 innings Adam Warren tossed today.

--

Looking at Boston, a part of me loves how they have Lester and Bucholtz at the top of their rotation. All home grown....take note Mr. Cashman.
              Last edited by TonyStarks; 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM.
              "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

At least this will give us a chance to look at the real Ace of the staff, Pettitte. Girardi is a moron to start him after Kuroda.
                Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                  At least this will give us a chance to look at the real Ace of the staff, Pettitte. Girardi is a moron to start him after Kuroda.
                  What? Kuroda after last season deserved to be #2 this year. Kuroda should have been our #1 guy last year....

Comment

Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                    What? Kuroda after last season deserved to be #2 this year. Kuroda should have been our #1 guy last year....
                    Pettitte was great too. While his season was short, his ERA was amazing. He looked good in nearly every start.
                    Lou Gehrig is the Truest Yankee of them all!

Comment

Pettitte was great too. While his season was short, his ERA was amazing. He looked good in nearly every start.
                      He was good, but as you mentioned his season was short. Who knows how he would performed if he had to pitch closer to 30 games than his 12.....

Comment

So pitching is an issue now huh.

Wonderful.

And I dont want Yankees to play Sawx ever again. Nothing good come out of it.

Comment

Girardi is a moron to start him after Kuroda.
                          Maybe he wanted to break up the 2 lefties.

Comment

Of course he wanted to break up the two lefties. Believe me, Girardi knows more about baseball than everyone on BBF put together. And I don't even think he's one of the best managers in MLB.
                            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Yankees finish below .500 Girardi is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                                Yankees finish below .500 Girardi is gone.
                                Which sucks because he was given a poor team.....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X