X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joltin' Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by ipitch View Post
    ARod doesn't hustle? He's far closer to Jeter in the hustling department than he is to Cano.

You probably wouldn't even admit that ARod is rich.
    Yeah this is a very bizzare assertion. I have never seen Arod not hustle nor have heard anyone accuese him of being lazy before this post.

Leave a comment:

• NJYankeeFan
    replied
    Seriously, who is going to pay him that?

Let's stop being theatrical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• White Knight
    replied
    Why didn't we just trade Cano in June? Now we just get a draft pick when we lose him.

Leave a comment:

• TonyStarks
    replied
    Before I even comment on that ridiculous number, $305, where is the source? ESPN has just been quoting anonymous sources so far. I cannot and will not take this seriously.
    How Jay Z and Cano can even come up with a number like $305M is beyond the pale. Even if I know that is just the ceiling for negotiations.

If Cano really wants to continue coming to work in the Bronx that number will need to come done by about half....and even that's alot! I don't want to see Yanks handing anyone over the age of 24-25 a 10 year deal!

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    Originally posted by csh19792001 View Post
    Of course not! He takes after his hero, Alex Rodriguez!!!!
    ARod doesn't hustle? He's far closer to Jeter in the hustling department than he is to Cano.

You probably wouldn't even admit that ARod is rich.

Leave a comment:

• csh19792001
    replied
    Cano has gone first to third 7 of 29 chances this year.

(In case y'all are wondering, that's pathetic).

He's a bum. Puts forth (demonstratable, and year after year) basically minimal effort on the field.

Leave a comment:

• csh19792001
    replied
    Originally posted by ipitch View Post
    $305 mil? You would think that a guy that wants that kind of money would hustle once in a while.
    Of course not! He takes after his hero, Alex Rodriguez!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NJYankeeFan
    replied
    Relax. He is getting nowhere near that. From anyone. Dodgers want that Cuban kid. Sox have Pedroia. Phils have Utley and need to rebuild. Angels have Kendrick and too many bloated contracts. Texas has Kinsler, Andrus and Profar.

Cubs and ChiSox are not ready to compete. Neither is Houston.

Who is going to give him anywehre near that?

Personally I say 7 and 20. Rather pay longer than more upfront to avoid the cap next year. But I would be willing to go with CoJo and spend the money elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• The Monument
    replied
    305 million???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ten years for 200 is too long and too expensive. Yanks should offer 5/100 for starters and not go past 6,club option on 7/137.5. If he doesn't take it, then seeya! They're rebuilding anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    $305 mil? You would think that a guy that wants that kind of money would hustle once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• NJYankeeFan
    replied
    On Cano. Can't get what you do not ask for. They would be foolish to give that much.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    So much for it not being about the money..... Cano seeking a 10 year, $305 million deal. All I have to say is if he really expects to get anywhere close to ARod's( or even Pujols) contract, good luck elsewhere Cano. The Yanks will not make the same mistake twice.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...w-york-yankees

Leave a comment:

• SD Bomber Fan
    replied
    Seeing how lifeless the Yanks were the past week or so makes me think that Gardner is much more important to this team than most probably realized. The Yanks had more than their share of injuries to key players this year, and still managed to be in the hunt at the end. Despite still having a chance, they ended the season playing with as much passion as a team that had been eliminated in August.

Leave a comment:

• White Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyStarks View Post
    I expect him to play...but I'm not sure how many games it will be as I expect him to serve some sort of suspension.
    Well, I think the ruling is in November. Not sure if that too can be appealed. I hope it comes soon, because it will affect how the Yanks go for a replacement. If it's 50 games, they can just deal with it. 162, they will need to find someone.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    At least the Yankees will know the ARod situation sooner so they can better plan for getting under $189 million..... With the Yankees elimination, ARod's trial will be on 9/30.

Also, will Mo get his inning in the outfield?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X