Rodriguez passes Murphy and Kaline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodriguez passes Murphy and Kaline

Yesterday against the Brewers, Alex Rodriguez hit his 399th career homerun, passing Dale Murphy, and his 400th career homerun to pass Al Kaline for 37th all time.
    2016 World Series Champions

Wow thanks for the info. i'm sure nobody here knew that, because after all this is just a ...........YANKEES FORUM!!!!! :gt :grouchy
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Thanks for the info Hank. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't fully realize how good some of these players were that A-Rod is now passing. Al Kaline - an all time great, and the fact that A-Rod is passing Kaline at such a young age just goes to show two things: 1) How hard it is to hit 400 homeruns (if an all-around great like Kaline just missed it over his entire career; and 2) Just how amazing A-Rod is for him to already be at a place it took Al Kaline an entire career to get to.

Also, GiambiJuice, do you think you could tone down the sarcasm a little? I for one didn't stop think about the players A-Rod passed (though I did know that Murphy and Kaline were sitting on 398 and 399, respectively). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
        Yesterday against the Brewers, Alex Rodriguez hit his 399th career homerun, passing Dale Murphy, and his 400th career homerun to pass Al Kaline for 37th all time.
        This merely illustrates the probelm with comparing players from different eras.
        BOSTON RED SOX WORLD CHAMPIONS 19031912191519161918 20042007

Comment

Today against the Indians, Alex hit his 443rd career homerun, passing Dave Kingman for 33rd all time.

26. Frank Thomas: 464
          27. Jose Canseco: 462
          28. Gary Sheffield: 453
          29. Jim Thome: 452
          29. Carl Yaz: 452
          31. Manny Ramirez: 451
          32. Jeff Bagwell: 449
          33. Alex Rodriguez: 443
          34. Dave Kingman: 442
          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

I think it's kind of funny with Bonds chasing Aaron because when it's all said and done, A-Rod will be at the top of that list.
            Resident of http://canyonofheroes.com

Comment

The more names I see above Canseco's, the happier I become.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X