Next juggernaut yankee lineup coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next juggernaut yankee lineup coming?

The rebuild has started pretty well on the hitting side. The first wave of guys already made the majors (Sanchez, bird, judge and even better guys are supposedly waiting in the minors (torres, rutherford, Frazier, mateo)

Of course not all of them might make it and in fact judge already showed some struggles but it could get really good again in a year or two.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Originally posted by dominik View Post
    The rebuild has started pretty well on the hitting side. The first wave of guys already made the majors (Sanchez, bird, judge and even better guys are supposedly waiting in the minors (torres, rutherford, Frazier, mateo)

Of course not all of them might make it and in fact judge already showed some struggles but it could get really good again in a year or two.
    It seems off to a good start. But you can't count on any of them making it yet. But that is what is great about the Tanks system, the depth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

First, they need to do something about 2B, SS, 3B, LF and CF. They have bodies at each of those positions. Each of them is making pretty decent change in terms of salary. And, all of them, LATELY or longer are no better than league average offensive performers (OPS+ of 100 or less). That's half the line-up. That's not going to work if you want to be a juggernaut.

That leaves DH, C, 1B and RF. All of them are question marks for the Yankees at this moment.

I like Bird - a lot. And, Sanchez has a very high ceiling. DH...I guess that's OK for now. RF is a big deal. Hicks can't hit. And, Judge has huge issues with strikeouts.

As a team, the Yankees are going to struggle this year to be a league average offensive unit. For sure, they cannot hit with the O's, Jays and Red Sox.

Don't even get me started on their starting rotation...

And, this is coming from someone who has been a Yankees fan for over 40 years.
      Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
        It seems off to a good start. But you can't count on any of them making it yet. But that is what is great about the Tanks system, the depth.

Was the Tanks intentional?
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
          First, they need to do something about 2B, SS, 3B, LF and CF. They have bodies at each of those positions. Each of them is making pretty decent change in terms of salary. And, all of them, LATELY or longer are no better than league average offensive performers (OPS+ of 100 or less). That's half the line-up. That's not going to work if you want to be a juggernaut.

That leaves DH, C, 1B and RF. All of them are question marks for the Yankees at this moment.

I like Bird - a lot. And, Sanchez has a very high ceiling. DH...I guess that's OK for now. RF is a big deal. Hicks can't hit. And, Judge has huge issues with strikeouts.

As a team, the Yankees are going to struggle this year to be a league average offensive unit. For sure, they cannot hit with the O's, Jays and Red Sox.

Don't even get me started on their starting rotation...

And, this is coming from someone who has been a Yankees fan for over 40 years.
          Well I'm not talking about this year. They have bodies but the hope is obviously that they get replaced by torres, frazier, matteo, Rutherford and other guys. No guarantee they all make it but it could be good in a couple years, especially with a few signings.

C sanchez
          1B bird
          2b torres
          3b machado (biggest contract in history )
          SS gregorius
          LF judge
          RF Rutherford
          Cf frazier

I think if they sign one of harper or machado and some of the prospects work this could be a huge lineup in 2 years.

Comment

Was the Tanks intentional?
            No. Android auto correct. But kinda funny.

Comment

Well I'm not talking about this year. They have bodies but the hope is obviously that they get replaced by torres, frazier, matteo, Rutherford and other guys. No guarantee they all make it but it could be good in a couple years, especially with a few signings.

C sanchez
              1B bird
              2b torres
              SS gregorius
              LF judge
              RF Rutherford
              Cf frazier

I think if they sign one of harper or machado and some of the prospects work this could be a huge lineup in 2 years.
              The thing is your lineup leaves out a few very good prospects, Mateo, Fowler, Andujar, Wade, and more. They do not even all need to work out. And they won't. But there is so much depth.

Comment

C sanchez
                1B bird
                2b torres
                SS gregorius
                LF judge
                RF Rutherford
                Cf frazier

The last thing the Yankees need is another $100 million something contract. Those never work out. Pass on Harper and Machado, please. I also think Didi will be out of town within the next 2 years. He may be one of the most overrated players in baseball now, thanks to the NY media.
                Coaching experience: Managed 5 Little League teams and coached on 4 others. So, what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis7 View Post
                  The last thing the Yankees need is another $100 million something contract. Those never work out. Pass on Harper and Machado, please. I also think Didi will be out of town within the next 2 years. He may be one of the most overrated players in baseball now, thanks to the NY media.
                  I would support shipping put Didi assuming Torres works out. Maybe for some pitching talent. Castro for anything you can get. The idea of Torres and Mateo up the middle is very appealing. Or Garcia, or Kim, or Wade, maybe Holder. You get the idea.

The thing about Harper or Machado is they will be young enough to work out. ARod's first contract was a bargain. So was CC's. Right now Machado looks like the bigger need but Harper may be a more likely fit.

But they will likely need pitching. Maybe it is sign Harper and trade Judge possibly for a young ace.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X