2017 Regular Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SD Bomber Fan View Post
    After watching that series with Seattle, is anyone else upset that Ben Gamel is a Mariner instead of a Yankee? Apparently the Yanks protected the wrong guys, and decided to trade him instead of losing him in Rule 5. I guess the Yanks felt they had too many outfield prospects - but this is one they shouldn't have let get away.
    Yeah I thought the same thing, but then again the Yankees didn't give him a chance and if he was a Yankee that means Fowler and Frazier would still be toiling in AA or AAA.
    Lots of variables, but I feel you on this!

This is also why I think the Yanks just traded Littell, for Garcia. It opens up 2 slots on the 40 Man.
    I'm not big on that trade because Littell showed promise, where we already know who Garcia is and if the Yanks get Gray he's going to the bullpen.
    "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Didi Gregorius put together a nice season despite missing about 2 dozen games. I thought he would have had a 12-16 HR, 60-run, 45 RBI season with a .260-.265 clip. I hope he continues to improve at the plate and on the field. I wish he would improve that walk rate though.

Not to forget Ronald Torreyes who will probably never make an all-star team but for some reason is really likeable. I cannot help but root for this guy whenever he plays.
      Last edited by morpheus1776; 10-05-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

December 14: Yankees lose 4 players at the major league rule 5 Draft and gain none......Not that they care now that they have Giancarlo.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X