• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    These 2, and previous 5 photos provided by SHOELESSJOE3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 01-19-2006, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    ==========
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    ----------
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    -----------
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripe pride:

Just a note; not sure if this is the picture or not.... but Babe had amazing patience and focus when he had a goal. Something one wouldn't expect from his personality. In Georgia one time, he stalked a wild turkey for about seven hours before getting close enough to shoot. He finally got a good clean shot and nailed it off a tree with one shot.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout805
    if i remember correct jackie42 stopped coming here after getting into an arguement with someone
    Long subject that I don't believe needs to be rehashed here. Send me a PM if you'd like, but personally, I'd rather not go there.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    if i remember correct jackie42 stopped coming here after getting into an arguement with someone

Leave a comment:

• Nordfish
    replied
    Thanks for the info. That's about all I could find on it too. Apparently the film was destroyed in a fire sometime around 1929 and I've had a hard time tracking down stills from the movie. I've seen a couple at sports auctions but I've never seen this one.

Leave a comment:

• RBi
    replied
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017652/

There is the movie info site.

JACKIE42 doesn't come around here much any more.

So I thought I would try to help you out on that one. Which I could not find much on it.

Leave a comment:

• Nordfish
    replied
    Babe Comes Home

Thanks for the great photos Jackie42 - I'm looking for any information you might be able to tell me about this particular photo - I've been trying to track it down for awhile and this is the first place I've seen it. Do you have any other information on it - where did you find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by JACKIE42

"Movie still from the 1927 silent film Babe Comes Home. The scene features Ruth signing his first professional contract with Baltimore as the characters of Jack Dunn and Ned Hanlon look on".

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by yankees rule
    Eh Matt... Dodger Deb will get angry when she reads this.

Look at the Schaeffer score board. It is Ebbets Field.
    I was half-blind when I asked that. Either that or some silly other excuse. None of those bridge-like things, but the radio towered things which did look amazingly like what I'd seen of Ebbets Field. Then the link itself said Ebbets.

Oh well, I'll have to delete some of my posts sometime.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly
    Nice poem. Is that Yankee Stadium? Looks like it.
    Eh Matt... Dodger Deb will get angry when she reads this.

Look at the Schaeffer score board. It is Ebbets Field.
    Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 01-03-2006, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinstripe Pride
    Here's a few more non-baseball pics...

Who's the guy in this pic with Ruth?
    Originally posted by cong
    I never knew Ruth wrote right handed!!!!!
    A friend of mine, who's very knowledgeable about the Yankee players from eras ago, said that each of Ruth and Gehrig were victims of childhood "correction", meaning though they were lefties, they wrote and therefore signed right-handed.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 01-03-2006, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by cong
    I thought about this for a while. I realized that Ruth was brought up in an orphanage. He probably was forced to use his right hand to write because using the left hand was the sign of the devil
    That may not have to do with being raised in an orphanage. My father, born 46 years after Ruth and not raised in an orphanage, also was a lefty made to switch to writing etc. with his right hand.

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly
    replied
    Originally posted by zman
    Nice poem. Is that Yankee Stadium? Looks like it.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X