Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Thomas could be headed to Oakland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it already happened

Thomas agreed to a $500,000, one-year deal with Oakland on Wednesday, giving the A's the big right-handed bat they've been searching for in the middle of their lineup. He will be formally introduced today
    Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

-Lou Brock-

Comment

Anyone have a picture of Frank Thomas is Athletics gear? I just cannot picture that guy playing in anything other than Black and White.
      sigpic
      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

congrats to the a's and their fans.
        12 homers in just over 100 at-bats last season.

the practically risk-free acquisition came about after the white sox bought out thomas' 2006 option for $3.5M and oakland agreed to paying thomas $500,000, plus health- and plate appearance-based incentives that could reach $3.1 M
        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonharden
          Anyone have a picture of Frank Thomas is Athletics gear? I just cannot picture that guy playing in anything other than Black and White.
          Ask and you shall recieve.

Comment

::shivers:: wow thats hard to take.

more power to him though, I hope him the best success. Oakland is getting THE best OBP hitter maybe of all-time.
            Chicago White Sox :: Tampa Bay Rays :: Milwaukee Brewers
            www.blogtalkradio.com/643sports
            643 Sports LIVE Mondays 7pm CST/8pm EST

Comment

Any predictions on his stats this year?

I say .281 avg/ 27 HR/ 83 RBI.
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X