The A's in Oakland 1968-2018.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A's in Oakland 1968-2018.

Are there any attempts to commemorate that 2018 is 50th anniversary of the Athletics' first season in Oakland...ie: A Uniform patch, or any marketing approach by the team? Did they in any way commemorate the fact that 2017 was their 50th year in Oakland?
    It's interesting that in their 13 years in Kansas city the Athletics never came close to playing .500 ball, but the '68 A's, in their first year in Oakland, posted an 82-80 winning record in their first step to building their championship teams (A.L. West champs 1971-1975; American League and World's champions 1972-1974).

Yes, they are doing a lot of things: free tickets to the April 17, 2018 game (50 years to the date of their first game at the Coliseum), uniform patch, coffee table book and other promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdGenCub View Post
      Yes, they are doing a lot of things: free tickets to the April 17, 2018 game (50 years to the date of their first game at the Coliseum), uniform patch, coffee table book and other promotions.
      It's Good to see that they have a sense of history and that they are making fans aware of this important milestone in their franchise history.
      I've actually met a few old Philadelphia A's fans at the Philadelphia Athletics Museum in the Philly suburbs, no longer in operation, but it was fairly popular from the early '90s until about 2011. (The A's time in Philly ended after the 1954 season). I'm old, but even their last few years in Philly were a little before my time. That 50th anniversary in Oakland game you mentioned on 4/17 seems like a nice event to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
        It's Good to see that they have a sense of history and that they are making fans aware of this important milestone in their franchise history.
        I've actually met a few old Philadelphia A's fans at the Philadelphia Athletics Museum in the Philly suburbs, no longer in operation, but it was fairly popular from the early '90s until about 2011. (The A's time in Philly ended after the 1954 season). I'm old, but even their last few years in Philly were a little before my time. That 50th anniversary in Oakland game you mentioned on 4/17 seems like a nice event to attend.
        Yes, it does sound like a fun event. Too bad that the Philadelphia Athletics museum closed down. Any pictures of it? Any idea where its various exhibits ended up?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X