Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 Predictions

    Anyone have some predictions to share for 2009?

    I'll throw a few out there:

    Chavez will get his release sometime this year.

    Giambi will hit 25 HR.

    Suzuki will hit .300 or better.

    Bobby Crosby may see some time at 1B before he gets traded.
    WAR? Prove it!

    Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
    Anyone have some predictions to share for 2009?

    I'll throw a few out there:

    Chavez will get his release sometime this year.

    Giambi will hit 25 HR.

    Suzuki will hit .300 or better.

    Bobby Crosby may see some time at 1B before he gets traded.

    Chavez will win "Comeback Player of the Year"

    Sweeney will win the batting title

    The A's will finish 78-84

    Holliday will be traded in July to the S.F. Giants

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm predicting we lose on Opening Day tomorrow, but make the playoffs, or atleast come very close.

      Comment


      • #4
        I really think the A's have a legitimate shot of at least coming in a strong second to the Halos if not overtaking them this year.

        I predict that our starting rotation will do just fine. Most of these kids will have the attitude that they have nothing to lose and will in turn - not lose (a ton). One of the new big 3 (Cahill, Anderson, Mazzaro) will post a 15 win season with under 4 ERA. All 3 of these kids have such talent, one of them will break out.

        Although it was only one game, it was good to see an effective bullpen, as a young starter it will be a TREMENDOUS help to know that you have a strong bullpen and offense behind you.

        I also think Chavy will play a good 120-130 games this year and be productive at the plate. Those 2 (although spring traning) homers tell a lot for a guy that has had well under a seasons worth of at-bats in the past 2 years.

        I am on-board with the Suzuki prediction of hitting .300, he showed a TON of improvement at the plate last year over his previous partial season with the big league club.

        I also predict that Cust will continue on his lovely pattern of strikeout, walk, homerun, single with other outcomes few and far between, but that is a tad obvious :P

        I also predict that Giambi will not be sharing an unwashed thong with Jeter and the rest of the gaYankees.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buffalo A's fan View Post
          I'm predicting we lose on Opening Day tomorrow, but make the playoffs, or atleast come very close.
          I was a little off I guess, huh?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Buffalo A's fan View Post
            I was a little off I guess, huh?
            LOL, yeah but so was I. Suzuki had a good season at the plate but Giambi didn't. And Chavez is still hanging on by a thread- and so is Crosby.
            WAR? Prove it!

            Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mlazar View Post
              Chavez will win "Comeback Player of the Year"

              Sweeney will win the batting title

              The A's will finish 78-84

              Holliday will be traded in July to the S.F. Giants

              I was way off also... ...maybe next year for Chavez

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah I hope so- Chavy has been a favorite of mine through the years.
                WAR? Prove it!

                Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X