No announcement yet.

2012 Athletics Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's truly sad, but on June 4th, I've already given up on this season....we just don't have the horses...again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo A's fan View Post
      It's truly sad, but on June 4th, I've already given up on this season....we just don't have the horses...again.
      It's sad. We need that new stadium, where ever they decide to build it... We would have had a shot had we kept some pitching in the off season...
      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Josh Reddick was definitely a good acquisition! He's better than Holliday and Willingham! I wish the Bosox would have taken Coco Crisp instead of Ryan Sweeney though. Whether or not Andrew Bailey's injury would have occured if he stayed with the A's is speculation for sooth sayers, astrologists and gambling fans.
        Gio Gonzales is having a super star season with Washington, but the A's probably would have lost him to free agency if they kept him. I'd hate to see Gonzales as a free agent Yankee acquisition! Cahill is not raising any eyebrows for the time being. Breslow is rebounding with the D-Backs, but Ryan Cook is looking even better. Trading Brad Ziegler was apparently a mistake, he keeps proving his doubters wrong! Parker and Milone are good starters, who would look much better with some run support!

I think most of the trades were reasonable or neccesary for the A's.

Comment

these mfers just swept the Yankees!

OAKLAND be legit son

Comment

First team since May 2003 (Toronto) to sweep the Yankees in a four game series!!! KEEP IT GOING!!!

Comment

The arrogant east coast took it in the shorts today! The A's, with a 'supposedly' inferior team swept the Yankees FOUR games and the Dodgers swept the Mets. It's Miller Time!
              Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

I love it!!! Sweeps of both the BoSox and Yankees within a few week span... With a sweep of the Twinks thrown in there for good measure... GO A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  these mfers just swept the Yankees!

OAKLAND be legit son
                  Music to my ears man... Sweet!
                  WAR? Prove it!

Comment

Haha, destroying the Sawx last night by 18 runs was freakin' awesome! This team just keeps rolling!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo A's fan View Post
                      Haha, destroying the Sawx last night by 18 runs was freakin' awesome! This team just keeps rolling!
                      what a game! those losers had no chance!

Comment

It's in less than half a season's worth of ABs, but anybody else notice that Brandon Moss is slugging close to .600?
                        "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

Wow the A's clinched a wild card spot with their 4-3 win over the Rangers! If the A's magic keeps up they'll beat the Rangers in the final 2 games and win the division with the best record in the American League. If Travis Blackley can rebound from his dismal last start and beat the Rangers tonight I'll take that as proof that the A's have a Fairy Godmother helping them out! :gt

Comment

In other news, Ben Sheets announces his retirement.
                            http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...to-retire.html
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Amazing! Blakely and the A's beat the Texas Rangers again! If they beat the Rangers today: Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012, they will win the division and the Rangers will have to fight for a wild card spot!

Comment

Grant Balfour shouts a victory cry after getting the final out of a 12-5 rout of the Rangers, who lost 3 straight to the A's! AMAZING!!! The A's have against all predictions won the AL West Division!!

Ranger manager Ron Washington will be lucky to stay on as the Rangers' batboy, if the Rangers lose in the wild card spot! Washington never was much of a hitting coach when he was with the A's. The new A's showed him how to really hit in baseball!
                                Last edited by anna; 10-03-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X