Record Breaker Jarrod Parker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Breaker Jarrod Parker!!

Trading for Jarrod Parker was a great move! Let's see how he does tonight against Seattle!
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/mlb...eview&c_id=oak QUOTE:

Parker looks to stay on historic pace vs. Mariners
    7/7/2012
    Oakland rookie Jarrod Parker has been on a historic roll to start his Major League career, a roll he hopes to continue Saturday night against Seattle.

Parker has given up one run or fewer in his last four starts, seven of his last eight, and 10 of 14 in his career, dating back to Sept. 27, when he made his big league debut for Arizona.

Parker is one of only two pitchers since 1900 to give up one run or fewer in 10 of his first 14 career starts, joining former New York Giants pitcher Ferdie Schupp, who did it from 1913-17.

"For a guy that didn't even start with us, he's been about as consistent as you can be," A's manager Bob Melvin said. "We would've liked to have rewarded his win-loss record a little more, but yeah, based on what you saw in Spring Training and where [he and fellow rookie Tommy Milone] are right now, absolutely you've got to be happy."

The Mariners will counter with lefty Jason Vargas, who has been no stranger to the A's this season. Vargas will be making his fourth start against Oakland this year, going 1-0 with a 2.45 ERA, giving up just 10 hits in 18 1/3 innings.

Although Vargas hit a rough stretch in the middle of June with three straight losses, the southpaw has bounced back nicely in his last two outings -- one of which was against Oakland on June 26, when he struck out a career-high-tying 10 batters over 6 2/3 innings.

In his last outing, he pitched eight innings of one-run ball against Boston and will look to duplicate his last two outings when he toes the rubber on Saturday.

"I can't say enough about his effort," Mariners manager Eric Wedge said. "It's always a good thing to see a starting pitcher go deep in the ballgame, but when your club really needs it, when your bullpen really needs it, to see a starting pitcher step up like that, that says a lot to me."

Well, he doesn't exactly have his work cut out for him going against the anemic Mariners offense, lol!

(That's a little self-deprecating humor there lol.)

Comment

Wow - thanks for posting Anna, had no idea he was doing THAT well... How cool is that?
      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Hi Seattle1!
        I admit you and the Mariners got the best in that game. Jarrod Parker is only 23 years old and after the Mariner's lone win in their Oakland series against Parker he still looks great on the whole. 5 wins 4 losses
        ( some because of poor run support ) 2.86 ERA!
        Treasure that win Seattle1 because if Jarrod Parker stays healthy he'll be big trouble for the Mariners and other teams!

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
        Well, he doesn't exactly have his work cut out for him going against the anemic Mariners offense, lol!

(That's a little self-deprecating humor there lol.)

Comment

Everytime I think Beane makes a crappy deal, he has to show me up. So far Milone, Parker and Reddick are looking good. I think Peacock will be solid as well - he should be ready to contribute soon.
          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X