Pennington Traded to D-Backs for Chris Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennington Traded to D-Backs for Chris Young

Wow... I like this move. Pennington has under-achieved the past year or two... Chris Young could probably benefit from a change in scenery. Welcome aboard Chris!

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/new...s_oak&c_id=oak
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

I like this move for the A's. Young has the talent to have one of those explosive years. I actually thought it was going to be this past season as he started out on fire 'til he got hurt and missed a month. I wonder if this means they'll pick up Drew's option or extend him...
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

It must mean that Coco is being shopped around...

Comment

Originally posted by mlazar View Post
        It must mean that Coco is being shopped around...
        CoCo or Seth Smith? (Can't remember Smith's deal with the A's)
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

It looks like Jonny Gomes won't be back.
          Chris Young is a career 230 hitter. We'll see how he does this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
            CoCo or Seth Smith? (Can't remember Smith's deal with the A's)
            Smith made $2.4M in 2012. He's second-time arg-eligible this season.

Gomes (mentioned by anna) was $1M in 2012 and will hit FA if not signed by the A's. He's good in limited duty (DH vs LHPs) but that's about it. He'll likely seek a 2-3 year deal from somebody coming off one of his better seasons.
            "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X