Yonder Alonso

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yonder Alonso

Is anyone else impressed with this guy so far? I was against his signing a while back, but he's made me a believer so far this year.
    12 HR, 29 RBI and hitting .271 through May 20th. That's a steal at 2.6 million! Hopefully his knee holds up tho!
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
    Is anyone else impressed with this guy so far? I was against his signing a while back, but he's made me a believer so far this year.
    12 HR, 29 RBI and hitting .271 through May 20th. That's a steal at 2.6 million! Hopefully his knee holds up tho!

he might be the type that ends up .230 - 15hr - 50 RBI..though he's much better then Daric Barton...

Comment

Originally posted by mlazar View Post
      he might be the type that ends up .230 - 15hr - 50 RBI..though he's much better then Daric Barton...
      I think Alonso is the new face of the flyball revolution. I've spent the last 4 or so off-seasons predicting a breakout from him, and he finally breaks out the year I write him off. He's always been a good hitter... I remember watching him at Miami and thinking he would be special.

He's been fluky to this point, but he's running a low .270 BABIP which makes me think that he will still be a solid hitter going forward. I'm predicting a 130 OPS+ or so at seasons end.
      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
        I think Alonso is the new face of the flyball revolution. I've spent the last 4 or so off-seasons predicting a breakout from him, and he finally breaks out the year I write him off. He's always been a good hitter... I remember watching him at Miami and thinking he would be special.

He's been fluky to this point, but he's running a low .270 BABIP which makes me think that he will still be a solid hitter going forward. I'm predicting a 130 OPS+ or so at seasons end.
        Seems reasonable. I'll predict 24 HR and 78 RBI while hitting .265. Still better than Daric Barton.
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X