SB - 315 (82%)
    BA - .331

Gwynn; age 27-34

Games - 1083
    Runs - 639
    H - 1434
    SB - 169 (73%)
    BA - .338

Matches up fairly well to a clear Hall of Famer . . .

And Ichiro is not done yet, as he should be reaching 2000 career hits in the MLB this season!

That's 2000 hits in LESS than 10 years - that is unheard of!!!
    Last edited by Edgartohof; 05-26-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Well, he's got a 25 game hit streak, and if he continues to get hits like he is now, he can beat the 56 game hit streak! Honestly, if he gets this done along with another 200 hit season, IMO, he'd be a shoe in for the HOF.
      Last edited by Trickyhop; 06-04-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

con:
        -late start= not the longest career
        -lack of power and walks limit his value for the team a little (lower OPS-esp. for an offensive position)
        -"easy" defensive position

pro:
        -has a batting title and hits vry consitently on a high level
        -holds several hit records
        -mvp title+allstar game in every year he played
        -plus-plus defender on his position
        -great fanbase and media coverage which will help him along with the fact that he was the first jap. star in the majors

I think he needs to keep the pace uo in this season and then add another 200 hit season(as I wrote in another thread). This will tie pete rose for most 200 hit seasons with the difference that Ichiro did that in his first ten years.

This will make him a lock and at this point his numbers in japan will help him. But he needs to put together ten really strong seasons(has 8 and a half already).
        I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
          Well, he's got a 25 game hit streak, and if he continues to get hits like he is now, he can beat the 65 game hit streak! Honestly, if he gets this done along with another 200 hit season, IMO, he'd be a shoe in for the HOF.
          Who hit in 65 consecutive games?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
            Who hit in 65 consecutive games?
            I meant 56. I even said 56 in my previous post, thanks for noticing the typo. Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
              I meant 56. I even said 56 in my previous post, thanks for noticing the typo. Fixed.
              Well, the streak stopped at 27. Still, he broke his own Seattle record. :applaud:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X