Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Seattle become a football town again?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Seattle become a football town again?

    From the 1970's to the mid-1980's Seattle was clearly a football town. Then came the 1995 Mariners. With the decline of the Seahawks in the 1990's and the rise of the Mariners, this definitely became a baseball town, no doubt about.

    Question: With the recent success of the Seahawks and the repid decline of the Mariners, will this again become a football town or will we stay with the Mariners?

  • #2
    There aren't very many real sports fans in this town. There's a base of serious, hard-core fans for each team, but most of the people just jump on whatever bandwagon is happening at the time. Look around next time you're at Safeco, an astonishing number of people really aren't there for the game. It's just another family-friendly entertainment option for most.

    So I'll go out on a limb and say, Seattle has become a football town. Until the Seahawks start losing. If the Sonics get good, it will become a basketball town. If the M's rebuild succesfully and make a good run one year, it'll be a baseball town again. There's not much consistency here.
    "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think Seattle cares one way or another. Who over is winning willcarry the day.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

      Comment


      • #4
        totally off topic -- but those refs were the worst i've seen in a while. you guys in seattle have a right to bitch.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ichiro262
          totally off topic -- but those refs were the worst i've seen in a while. you guys in seattle have a right to bitch.
          I've never heard so much whining in all my life as I have in Seattle today.

          Seahawk fans are disgraceful the way they're carrying on. What a bunch of sore losers.
          "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ashburn1
            I've never heard so much whining in all my life as I have in Seattle today.

            Seahawk fans are disgraceful the way they're carrying on. What a bunch of sore losers.
            what's your problem? If you don't like it, you can just leave - please do.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Edgartohof
              what's your problem? If you don't like it, you can just leave - please do.
              Don't be so touchy.

              I can't leave- I live here!

              I just think it's pathetic the way these football fans are acting. It's an embarrasment for this whole city.
              "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ashburn1
                Don't be so touchy.

                I can't leave- I live here!

                I just think it's pathetic the way these football fans are acting. It's an embarrasment for this whole city.

                First off, you will get this same stuff for EVERY game, in EVERY city, so it ain't just here, and there were several bad calls by the refs, and people have feelings about it, and want to vent them. You are saying that we shouldn't have these feelings. Well, some of us actually care about our teams, and how they do, and how they are treated, maybe you don't, and especially since you aren't from here (are you?), maybe you don't have a connection to the team(s) here, so it doesn't mean as much, but we do, and we are going to bitch and moan and groan all we want to, and "embarass" the heck out of this city until we turn blue, and then after we take a breath, will begin again. And hopefully when we are done, spring training will have begun and our attention will be turned away and we won't remember it until next season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Edgartohof
                  First off, you will get this same stuff for EVERY game, in EVERY city, so it ain't just here, and there were several bad calls by the refs, and people have feelings about it, and want to vent them. You are saying that we shouldn't have these feelings. Well, some of us actually care about our teams, and how they do, and how they are treated, maybe you don't, and especially since you aren't from here (are you?), maybe you don't have a connection to the team(s) here, so it doesn't mean as much, but we do, and we are going to bitch and moan and groan all we want to, and "embarass" the heck out of this city until we turn blue, and then after we take a breath, will begin again. And hopefully when we are done, spring training will have begun and our attention will be turned away and we won't remember it until next season.
                  No, you don't get this everywhere. I've never heard so much whining in all my life.
                  Last edited by Ashburn1; 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM.
                  "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    But really, who cares? This IS a baseball forum after all.

                    The NFL can vanish off the face of the earth for all I care.

                    Someday the M's might be good enough to get into the post-season again, and if they lose I just hope the local fans don't act like these football people.
                    "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ashburn1
                      The NFL can vanish off the face of the earth for all I care.
                      Nevermind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Edgartohof
                        Nevermind.
                        What do mean by that?
                        "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ashburn1
                          What do mean by that?
                          Oh, sorry about that, I was posting something in the wrong thread, but they don't let you delete it and leave it blank once you submit it, there is a mandatory 10 characters minimum per post, and most (some) people here just put "nevermind.", I didn't mean anything by that, although I can see how that could come across.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No prob.

                            Let's all just be happy that football season is finished and soon enough we'll be at the Safe enjoying "the perfect game".
                            Last edited by Ashburn1; 02-06-2006, 08:24 PM.
                            "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ashburn1
                              Let's all just be happy that football season is finished and soon enough we'll be at the Safe enjoying "the perfect game".
                              I'll agree to that! I think I've been a little on edge because I'm going into baseball withdrawal, and it ain't good.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X