Time of Death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time of Death?

So, at what point do you think we should declare the time of death on this season? Now? At the All-Star break? Not until we're mathematically eliminated?

I'm starting to lean toward doing it now. I'm normally pretty optimistic in regards to the M's (if nothing else in life... ), but this is absurd. Almost nothing is going right. I'm not quite ready to call it quits, but quite possibly will soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

If two of the teams in the West weren't the Rangers and A's, I might agree. I'd wait til at least July 1st though.
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good point.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

Since the Mariners would have to go 70-43 just to equal last year's record of 88 wins and seeing that in the AL 88 wins is certainly no guarantee for the wild card the playoffs are looking pretty hopeless at this point.

I have no optimism left for this season and it's time to jetison Sexson, the manager and the GM and maybe trade Raul to help build the team back up with youth and maybe a few pitchers too.

In fact if it were me everybody with the exception of Ichiro and Felix I would atleast entertain offers.

Comment

70-43 = (.619) baseball...

Comment

As long Bavasi is in charge, the M's will never win. Just a couple years ago he said that he was only interested in making the team competitive enough to draw fans out to Safeco.
            WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Time of death? Sunday, May 25th at 1:15 pm, PST
              Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Butterball View Post
                In fact if it were me everybody with the exception of Ichiro and Felix I would at least entertain offers.
                Yeah definitely don't get rid of those two. There are others that I would find hard to part with too, but something drastic has to be done at this point to shake things up, including firing the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                  As long Bavasi is in charge, the M's will never win. Just a couple years ago he said that he was only interested in making the team competitive enough to draw fans out to Safeco.

Do you have a link for that by any chance? I don't remember that quote, but if he said it that's not a very good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                    If two of the teams in the West weren't the Rangers and A's, I might agree. I'd wait til at least July 1st though.
                    Right, cause the A's arn't known for being an all-around great team that usually has little to no talent.
                    Texas Ranger Baseball 2008.. :applaud:

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Butterball View Post
                      Since the Mariners would have to go 70-43 just to equal last year's record of 88 wins and seeing that in the AL 88 wins is certainly no guarantee for the wild card the playoffs are looking pretty hopeless at this point.

I have no optimism left for this season and it's time to jetison Sexson, the manager and the GM and maybe trade Raul to help build the team back up with youth and maybe a few pitchers too.

In fact if it were me everybody with the exception of Ichiro and Felix I would atleast entertain offers.
                      Why rebuild the team up now? This is the Mariner's time to win a wildcard or a pennant. The A's have just begun rebuilding while the Rangers are slowly making it to the finish line. I don't see why the Mariner's would want to start rebuilding when, in reality, they only are competing against one other team in their division: the Angels.

The Mariner's problem is that they can't play like a team. Sexson is and has been OVERRATED. Beltre has seen his best of days obviously. Putz is now on the DL. Bedard hasn't proved he is the Ace of that staff. I mean if all these guys would just play their game, you would have a legitmate squad. You also have Ichiro, Ibanez, Yunieski, Lopez, and Hernandez. The defense is solid, but it is not showing to be. The pitching staff is legit and the bullpen is mediocre to say the least.

They just don't play like a team. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
                        Right, cause the A's arn't known for being an all-around great team that usually has little to no talent.
                        No idea what you're talking about. My point was that I think there's only one really good team in the division.
                        Originally posted by Domenic
                        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                          No idea what you're talking about. My point was that I think there's only one really good team in the division.
                          Well what you said was that the M's are not out of contention because the Athletics and Rangers arn't very good teams. When looking back in retrospect, the Athletics are notorious for having very little talent but still having a solid record.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rangers View Post
                            Why rebuild the team up now? This is the Mariner's time to win a wildcard or a pennant. The A's have just begun rebuilding while the Rangers are slowly making it to the finish line. I don't see why the Mariner's would want to start rebuilding when, in reality, they only are competing against one other team in their division: the Angels.

The Mariner's problem is that they can't play like a team. Sexson is and has been OVERRATED. Beltre has seen his best of days obviously. Putz is now on the DL. Bedard hasn't proved he is the Ace of that staff. I mean if all these guys would just play their game, you would have a legitmate squad. You also have Ichiro, Ibanez, Yunieski, Lopez, and Hernandez. The defense is solid, but it is not showing to be. The pitching staff is legit and the bullpen is mediocre to say the least.

They just don't play like a team. Period.
                            The defense is anything but solid. Beltre and Ichiro are the only plus defenders. Ibanez is a DH. Yuni is erratic. Lopez has zero range. Sexson is tall. Johjima is bad.
                            The pitching staff is legit? What have you been watching? They have Felix and 6 inning 99 pitch "ace" Bedard. Silva, Washburn and Batista are crap. Morrow needs to transition to the starting rotation yesterday. Bavasi and Mcclaren need to get lost. Here's to hoping Beinfest and his Marlins sweep aside the Mariners.

Comment

The Mariners' pitching IS solid once they oust Washburn and Batista both from the rotation.

Our bullpen is back to being outstanding, especially if Putz makes sure that this time, before he comes back from the DL, his ribs don't hurt. That's what caused the elbow strain FWIW.

Dickey will be a good starter eventually if he gets enough of an opportunity (he didn't have his knuckleball knuckling Friday...it was flatter than flat), Morrow will eventually crack the rotation once his arm problems are dealt with. They have a lot of good pitchers...BTW Bedard isn't going to be this fragile all the time...he's an ace with ace stuff and eventually that will surface.

The Mariners' problems are defense, sloppy mindless play, and a total lack of plate discipline.

All of which are making it completely intolerable to watch them anymore. I have thus changed my avatar to the team I'll be watching the rest of the season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X