• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    SABR Matt
    Hunter of Objective Truth

• SABR Matt
    replied
    In his entire career...Beltre has NEVER finished worse than he started. Pre-AS-Break his OPS is always lower than or nearly the same as his OPS post-AS-Break. If he starts well...he'll have a great yearl

Let's hope we see good things from the dude in April and May.

Leave a comment:

• Louder

• Louder
    replied
    Think Beltre is going to have a major season this year: .BA:280, Hr:35, RBI:120 -- he just seems locked in for a good start.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt

• SABR Matt
    replied
    If he's hitting well...Beltre will bat third...if he's inconsistent..he'll hit fifth.

He didn't play winter ball that I know of, but he did train all winter and worked off some weight...I think because he was planning on playing for the DR in the WBC.

Leave a comment:

• Rennie Stennett
    7-for-7

• Rennie Stennett
    replied
    winter ball

Did Beltre play winter ball this year ? He looks like he's trimmed down a little.

Is he going to hit in the 3 or 5 hole this year ? Sexton getting protection ? He might hit 50 !!! Go M's !

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    just a fan

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by KCGHOST
    Beltre has been in the bigs for 8 seasons. He has seven so-so seasons and one monster season. The odds say he will be so-so.

After sweating out the Cirillo years :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy if Beltre keeps with the good glove and hitting somewhere between so-so and monster I will be more than happy. Given his age, I am thinking that he will continue to improve his consistancy and while monster season is asking a lot its not out of the question.

Leave a comment:

• bluejaysfan

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    Originally posted by KCGHOST
    Beltre has been in the bigs for 8 seasons. He has seven so-so seasons and one monster season. The odds say he will be so-so.
    I think Beltre could have a good season. I don't think he'll match his totals from 2004 with the Dodgers where he hit all those HR's and all, but he certainly should be better than last season.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST

• KCGHOST
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ichiro262

• ichiro262
    replied
    Totally agree. They showed on ESPN how his mechanics changed to gain consistency. But, you're right, he's still got that Juan Uribe-ish out of control swing that's going to be somewhat different every time. But he's definitely made improvements.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt

• SABR Matt
    replied
    His swing mechanics were screwed up last year...he seems to have fixed that so far this year although he had an ugly at bat today against the Cubans. I think he's always going to be kind of wobbly in terms of consistancy of his mechanics...but I think he has some tools this year to get himself back on track when he gets out of sorts, so I expect the end result to be significantly more positive.

Leave a comment:

• Rennie Stennett
    7-for-7

• Rennie Stennett
    replied
    Beltre

It is good to see Beltre making good contact. He's got that style I like: Hit the ball hard somewhere. I hope he has more homers and doubles this year. He seems like a double's hitter, who occasionally hits one out. Just going up the middle and it went out of the park. I know it's tough coming over from the National League. In the American League they don't throw that get it over, get ahead fastball on the first pitch.

Leave a comment:

• ichiro262

• ichiro262
    replied
    He just popped another one -- off of Javier Vasquez this time. Vasquez is a good pitcher who was cruising up to that point. Honestly, this seems like a lot more than spring training to me. You don't see pitchers throwing fastball - fastball - fastball - .... just trying to locate. A lot of pitchers are taking chances, which typically doesn't happen in spring training as they want to keep their pitch counts down. I think Beltre's success in the WBC means more than it would if it were happening in spring training. It's exciting to watch him cracking 'em out again.

Leave a comment:

• Edgartohof

• Edgartohof
    started a topic Beltre

Beltre

Beltre may not be with the Mariner's right now, but he is still having a very good Spring. So far in the WBC, he has been a major force for the Dominican Republic, with 3 HR's and 8 RBI. So the outlook for him is good, and I do think we will see more offense out of him this year, with a better BA, and a little more power (.265-.270 and 25-30 HR's). I think this is good for him, as he gets actual game experience, instead of sitting on a bench letting some minor leaguer get some experience, he gets to see a lot of different pitchers, and the pressure will help to get him into mid-season form faster.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X