• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Putz

Can this really be his name?
    Dean Christopher
    http://deans-list.net
    [email protected]

"Putz" in J.J's case doesn't sound like what you're probably thinking it sounds like.

We had a pitcher named Melvin Bunch a few years back. I think he ended up in Japan.

:gt
    "If Heathcliff Slocumb's a closer, then I'm a chinamen"

-Harry Carrey

Comment

--It SHOULD sound like he thinks it does though. I get a feeling of impending doom whenever he comes strolling in from the bullpen. In fact, our whole pen reminds me of the arsonists we had out there in the 90s. If I hadn't long since written off this season I'd be working on an ulcer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
        --It SHOULD sound like he thinks it does though. I get a feeling of impending doom whenever he comes strolling in from the bullpen. In fact, our whole pen reminds me of the arsonists we had out there in the 90s. If I hadn't long since written off this season I'd be working on an ulcer for sure.

I'm not a fan of J.J. either. This current pen does show a resemblance to the mid 90's bullpens. J.J. even reminds me of Mesa. If he isn't throwing 95mph or higher, he struggles. Putz even has that little slide-step as his permanent windup, with runners or no runners on base.

-Harry Carrey

Comment

Uh Oh, Putz is the new closer. Sometimes he looks brilliant, getting himself out of tough situations; but, then again, he can look like crap with a comfortable lead. Unfortunately, the bad outweighs the good with Putz. He has converted both save opportunities, but I'm scared to death if he doesn't have at least a 2-run lead.

-Harry Carrey

Comment

Wow... before the season, I thought that Seattle had the best bullpen in the majors, between Guardado, Soriano, Hasegawa, Mateo, and the departed Sasaki... and now your closer is J.J. Putz. If that doesn't just sum up your guys' season, I don't know what does.

By the way... if it's not pronounced Putts, then how is it pronounced?
            "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Pronounced "Put," as if we're sick of putting up with unachieving players. And then roll the "z" at the end

-Harry Carrey

Comment

I think his name really is pronounced "putts". I went to school with this guy's older brother, Billy. We all pronounced it that way. Unless he changed it or we always had it wrong?

Comment

I heard an Indian announcer pronounce it poot-zee, and then he laughed for a while.

Putz hasn't been all that bad this year, he has 16 SO I think. He isn't the worst set-up man, but I feel safer with Soriano as a closer.
                  go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
                  But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

Putz it's pronounce Puts...not Putts and not Poots.

And he's done an outstanding job thus far...though I agree...Soriano > Putz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X