Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gaijin
    (Ichiro wear the number 51 in honor of Bernie)
    What? Are there any website that says this because I was about to rotflmao when I saw this, while Bernie is a good player, I didn't know Ichiro would wear a numer in honor of someone who's still playing today instead of some hall of famer.
    Frank's Field of Dreams
    "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ichiro51
      What? Are there any website that says this because I was about to rotflmao when I saw this, while Bernie is a good player, I didn't know Ichiro would wear a numer in honor of someone who's still playing today instead of some hall of famer.
      It appears that I may have been mistaken. This may have been an urban legend. I googled it found this: Link
      I seem to remember hearing it on TV. And there are various instances of this rumor floating around the Internet like this:
      Link (scroll down about halfway)

But I guess I was just repeating hearsay.

Comment

• After going 0 for 4 Ichiro's 400 cushion is down to 0. His batting average stands at .406. h

Guess he'll just have to go 4 for 5 tomorrow. :gt

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaijin
          After going 0 for 4 Ichiro's 400 cushion is down to 0. His batting average stands at .406. h

Guess he'll just have to go 4 for 5 tomorrow. :gt

Wouldn't 2 for 5 be okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Be The Reds!
            Wouldn't 2 for 5 be okay?
            That would keep him above 400 of course but his 400 cushion would remain 0. And a cushion of 0 is no cushion at all. He had it up as high as 6 earlier. So it's like savings for a rainy day, because it is inevitable that he will have some hitless days as well.

Today he managed to raise it by 1 after going 2 for 4. He also scored his 8th run, stole his 4th base and was issued his 4th walk of the season (3rd IBB).
            His current line is: .417/.475/.472

Comment

• Well, it is off to the races for him again. He has stayed above .400 so far this season (9 games), which is impressive just alone, but not an all-time feat, but for Ichiro, it now just seems like normal.

2 hits a day is expected. Now of course, there are going to be days out there where he only gets 1, or even goes hitless, but they will certainly be in the minority. But hitting is just one facet of his game, as he is also picking it up on the bases (like Grover told us he would), so I again will say that his own "56" (stolen bases) will fall to him this year. Ichiro is still showing us his old form out in the field, where he is continuing his GG performance from the past 4 years (plus his years in Japan).

Whether he ever hits .400 or not, it is just enough (or almost enough) that people are actually talking about him having a shot at it. Not many people have had that honor bestowed upon them.

As a sidenote, as I was perusing through MLB.com, I noticed in their milestone tracker section, that they have Richie Sexson as coming up on his 1000th hit (he's at around 841), yet Ichiro who is at 939 hits is nowhere on that list... I know that it doesn't mean anything, but someone has their priorities mixed up - one is about a month away from his milestone, and the other won't reach his until at least the end of the season (if not until next year).
              Last edited by Edgartohof; 04-14-2005, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Well, Ichiro is hitting at exactly .400 right now, after his subpar 1-4 night...

16-40 overall, so without a cushion (I guess the batting gloves have to be abandoned)

Sorry about the terrible joke,
                Yankees
                Me, at a Boston restaurant, to a waiter:
                Are you sure the Manny Ramirez (name of burger) isn't a sloppy joe?

Comment

• Season is still early.
                  My best photo shows just how perfect his swing really is.....

Last edited by Ichi Ro; 04-15-2005, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Great photo, Ichi Ro... I wonder who took it, and who played with the colour, if not the same?

Edit:
                    Here is another
                    Last edited by Yankees; 04-15-2005, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Cool pics ya'll, keep them coming.
                      Frank's Field of Dreams
                      "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

• I think you missed my comment, "My" best photo.
                        I took it.

Comment

• Here is a small version of the original.

Comment

• Same day......

Comment

• Ah, thought you meant "My" as in from my collection... I like the ones with b&w the best, you did a great job with them.

Comment

• And today Ichiro is currently 2/3, with (in order of occurance) a single, a flyout and another single.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X