Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gaijin
    Unfortunately, he was so worried about giving a speech in English that he went hitless, or at least that's how the Japanese media see it.
    Originally posted by Gaijin
    Since April 18 Ichiro has gone 6 for 34 (.176), bringing his BA down to .333...
    Hopefully he'll get out of this mini-slump soon. Perhaps starting tomorrow.
    Maybe he shouldn't ever speak English again...I'd be comfortable with that!
    "He can get 10 hits in five at-bats." -Joe Torre, exasperated after seeing Ichiro hit a routine ground ball to shortstop and cross first with an infield single.
    sigpic

Comment

• Well last night, Ichiro went 2-4 with a double and a solo HR, 1 Run and 1 RBI

It's been over a week since he has stolen a base, so look out for him in the next couple days to give it a couple attempts.

Comment

• Through 4 innings so far tonight, Ichiro is 2-3 with a triple, 1 Run, and 2 RBI!!!

So he appears to be picking it up again!

Comment

• Ichiro added one more hit, with a one out 9th inning single.

Comment

• This was the 23rd game of the season, which is exactly 1/7 of 161, the number of games Ichiro appeared in last season. This is also shaping up to be Ichiro's best April yet. I believe he hit .336 in 2001 and only .255 last year.
            So, projecting his current pace out to a full year (161 games) he's on pace for the following season so far:

665 AB, 126 runs, 238 hits, 35 doubles, 14 triples, 14 HR, 70 Rbis, 343 total bases, 56 BBs, 49 K, 49 SB, 7 CS, .875 SB%, .358/.408/.516

That would be a really great year for anyone, and probably even better than Ichiro's 2001 MVP season. And of course, April has historically always been his worst month, so if he gets even hotter than this and April turns out to be his worst month this year too, he could be in for a truly historic year. He's hitting more extra base hits so far this year, and .516 would be quite a bit higher than he has slugged in the past. All in all, I think it's an April that Ichiro fans should be quite excited about.

(edited to fix arithmetic errors)
            Last edited by Gaijin; 04-30-2005, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• What a slick catch he made climbing that wall out in Safeco!
              Frank's Field of Dreams
              "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

• That was an awesome catch. Anyone who hasn't seen it already can see it on MLB.com. That catch should help in Ichiro's quest for his fifth straight gold glove. Although he probably already almost has a lock on it by reputation alone. Of course he acted completely nonchalant about it, not even a pump of the fist. I like that about him.

Comment

• Ichiro has been slumping as of late, but he faired well in tonight's double-header.

(both games combined)

3-7, 3 runs, 2 stolen bases, and 2 walks (1 was an IBB)

Ichiro is still leading the league in IBB's, with 6

Comment

• Go Mariners

When Ichiro going 2-3 with 3 Runs 1 SB and 1 IBB, isn't your best player that night, then you are having a good game

Comment

• I'm so glad were getting our bats back, we sorely need them without our pitching. I'm hoping our starting pitching gets better then its been recently, cause with this lineup and our bullpen doing so well, this is a very tough team.
                      go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
                      But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof
                        When Ichiro going 2-3 with 3 Runs 1 SB and 1 IBB, isn't your best player that night, then you are having a good game
                        Let's add a triple and an RBI to that through 6!

Could he get another at bat???

Comment

• --I was at tonights game and had the good fortune to have some some corporate tickets instead the usual best I can afford single game seats. Sat 3 rows back behind homeplate and no more than 15 feet from the Mariner's ondeck circle. Ichiro looks alot more impressive up close and in person than on TV or from 100 feet away. Still a small man, but he has a very imposing presence.
                          --My boss's wife was sitting next to me and mentioned after his first two hits (a ground ball to 1st that he beat out and a grounder through the left side of the infield) didn't he didn't seem that impressive (he was the only Mariner she had heard of). Baseball genius that I am, I said he gets alot of hits, but most don't go that far. Naturally he hits a frozen rope into the gap on the next pitch for a triple. Well, sometimes he does hit it pretty far.
                          --The other highlight for me was Adrian Beltre's HR off John Halama. The M's have two guys on and Gonzalez is struggling. Francona goes to the pen, which seemed smart enough. Except he calls for the lefty and that lefty is our old friend John Halama. Why bring in an extremely untalented LHP to face Beltre in a close game I ask myself. To the guy sitting next to me I say Francona must be a freaking idiot, Beltre will murder this bum. This bit of commentary makes me look a little smarter than my Ichiro gem as Beltre hit the first pitch 440 feet off the LCF scoreboard for a 3 run HR. About as hard and far as I've ever seen a ball hit (inperson anyway).
                          --Great seats, great game and for one day anyway I can be happy about the M's season.

Comment

• Which team would you pull for if it's between the Tigers/Mariners? Tough one eh?
                            Frank's Field of Dreams
                            "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

• I think he's heating up. 6 hits in the last two games and a 7-game hit streak now.

Hope Beltre is starting to get it going too. If Ichiro and Beltre both get in a groove and Winn and Sexson stay at least as hot as they've been, then watch out.

I also think Wiki earn a little more playing time with his performance today, and Olivo's dismal slump.

Comment

• Ichiro51, I'm a Mariners fan for the most part. I've lived in Washington for 10 years now and watch the M's most every day. Haven't lived in Michigan for over 20 years and the Tigers haven't exactly been easy to follow from a distance. Tiger fan mostly from a historical perpective and I do most of my posting on the history thread so thats why the Tigers avatar.
                                --Gaijin, Wiki looked like he has a pretty good approach at the plate. Oliva has looked so lost I think the M's have to give Gonzalez most of the playing time until he cools off or Oliva gets his act together.
                                --The one down side from this game is Pinero looked awfull. He only hit 90 a couple times, had lousy command and very little movement. He can't be healthy and he isn't going to be getting alot of major league hitters out with the stuff he had last night. I really don't have conifdence in any of our starters at this point. Meche is the only one we can reasonably even hope to be above average.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X