Ichiro Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rennie Stennett
    Ichiro has said in the past that he would pitch if needed. I hear he's got a mean splitter, and as you say, an accurate strong fastball.
    Here's a photo I took of Ichiro winding up & throwing like a pitcher before the game last Saturday at Jacob's Field.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Seattle1
      Here's a photo I took of Ichiro winding up & throwing like a pitcher before the game last Saturday at Jacob's Field.

Would be an interesting thing to see him pitch in a game. He's already a brilliantly efficient hitter, deadly accurate in defense and maybe potential Cy Young award winning pitcher? Who knows?
      Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Stumanji
        I would consider that just talk, and not trade-talks. Kinda like, "What would you give me if I kicked you in the crotch?" "Probably a punch to the face." I'm not seriously suggesting a trade here, just talking.

The trade I heard for Abreu (doesn't matter now, though) was Piniero, Adam Jones, and Mark Lowe for Abreu and one other. Glad we passed, personally.
        Yes and same goes for what you said.

Comment

Yes and same goes for what you said.
          Yours sounds like casual conversation... more of a "What If" if anything.

Mine was from Jayson Stark on ESPN Radio... it's not like I heard it from my sandwich maker at Subway. Just sayin...
          Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

• Why is it that everyone in baseball demands a king's ransom from Seattle to make a trade and then they all trade for crap from the Yankees?

Comment

• Rotflmao

Originally posted by Stumanji
              Yours sounds like casual conversation... more of a "What If" if anything.

Mine was from Jayson Stark on ESPN Radio... it's not like I heard it from my sandwich maker at Subway. Just sayin...
              You didn't hear about it, therefore the talks didn't take place ? LOL I heard it from a good source not from the guy at Subway. Teams are always talking.

There's always guys on here that take shots at other guys and they don't give respect to others or what someone says. Bring something of worth to the discussion.

Comment

• Its easy to nitpick but Ichiro's greatness is shown by his consistency, ability to rebound from adversity (start of 2005) and his absolutely great fundamentals. When is he ever our of position?

Comment

There's always guys on here that take shots at other guys and they don't give respect to others or what someone says. Bring something of worth to the discussion.
                  I took a shot at you? Hmm...

My point, if you missed it, was that his name being in trade-talks doesn't mean anything. All GMs will listen to proposals for all players. Jeter has probably been mentioned in trade talks. Same with Ortiz. These trade proposals were instantly shot-down, methinks - but it doesn't mean they didn't happen.
                  Swing and a drive! This one is deep! This one is... over the fence and into the neighbor's yard!

Comment

I took a shot at you? Hmm...

My point, if you missed it, was that his name being in trade-talks doesn't mean anything. All GMs will listen to proposals for all players. Jeter has probably been mentioned in trade talks. Same with Ortiz. These trade proposals were instantly shot-down, methinks - but it doesn't mean they didn't happen.
                    You don't have a point. just wasting bandwidth.

Comment

• It is clear the Ichrio has either quit on the season or quit on Hargrove.
                      M's Rule
                      Gonzaga Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost
                        It is clear the Ichrio has either quit on the season or quit on Hargrove.
                        Ichiro doesn't quit. He's just slumping.

Comment

• I heard a rumor from my sources that Ichiro is thinking about going back and playing in Japan next year, is there any truth to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                            I heard a rumor from my sources that Ichiro is thinking about going back and playing in Japan next year, is there any truth to this?
                            Could you blame him?

I think the only chance Ichiro sticks with Seattle is if Hargrove is gone. He'd definitely stay for Lou, if we signed him as the M's skipper again. He loved Lou. He doesn't think Hargrove pushes players to perform like Lou did.

Comment

• Ichiro and Julio

Suzuki tied a team record, held by Julio Cruz, with his 32nd consecutive successful stolen base in the 7th inning in this game against the D-Rays. He also went 0-6 and his average dropped to (.317). A long way from his high water mark of .367 earlier this season. The way he's going, with about 25 games left this year, he could drop below (.300).

Comment

Could you blame him?

I think the only chance Ichiro sticks with Seattle is if Hargrove is gone. He'd definitely stay for Lou, if we signed him as the M's skipper again. He loved Lou. He doesn't think Hargrove pushes players to perform like Lou did.

--Ichiro is under contract for next year. If he wants to play professional baseball it will be for the Mariners, except in the unlikely event they trade him. He can go back to Japan or to another team in 2008 if he wishes. In any case, Hargrove will be gone.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X